Contest Entry: Welcome to Tolaria!

D

Duel

Who loves Island Sanctuary? I love island sanctuary. This deck is viable, and very disruptive when it goes off. It's almost creatureless too. The deck is not the most casual, using rares fairly often, but if Zadok's greater good deck counts (4 weatherseeds, 4 greater goods, 4 alters of dementia, 4 endless wurms)this thing has to count as well.

Tolaria

Lands
10 Islands
10 Plains

Spells
4 Island Sanctuary
3 Mystic Decree
2 Douse
2 Whim of Volrath
2 Conversion
3 Mind Bend
2 Arcane Laboratory
2 Enlightened tutors
4 Counterspell
3 Forbid
2 Hidden Retreat

Artifacts:
4 Millstone
3 Howling Mine

Creatures:
2 Academy Rectors
2 Fountain Watch

this is a decking deck I built, and I found, surprisingly enough, it was a symbol of Tolaria. All the stuff in it had to do with an island sanctuary, where magic was taught. It fit the theme deck too well for me to throw it out. The principle is that with Island Sanctuary And howling mine, you can draw one card a turn, and nothing can attack you, and that is the beginning of decking. It works too. Try it, it's alot of fun.

A

Apollo

Dang, I was going to post a deck based around this combo! I hate you! Waaahhh! Oh well, I forgive you. Great minds think alike, I guess. :)

D

Dune Echo

TAG GUARD

Wow, I really thought this idea was falling through, but it looks like we've got several responses. Just as a reminder, could everyone put in the final drafts of any decklist but submitting it under the Casual Articles section on the front? Thanks!