Computer Tech Question

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nightstalkers: I don't know if it matters, but do you have the original? I have a later version that combines I & WC II on the same CD (and I think might have updated it for Win98).

TomB: I thought Home of the Underdogs had it, but it looks like they don't now. I did a quick Google and came up with this, who says you need the other two files rather than the original game itself (except for the physical disk). I also remember talking about this in replying to one of the front page articles but not sure which one it was or how long ago it was.

Bottom line: It appears it can be done, but you'll have to search for instructions on how to do it. But I don't think the original game by itself can run on XP.

N

Nightstalkers

It's the original put onto a CD along with a bunch of other goodies like Return to Monkey Island and such.

You can get M:TG the PC game to work on XP, but it requires one of the patches and some tweaking. The main problem with M:TG is that it's a bit buggy and is prone to crash anyways.

B

BigBlue

It always was buggy... I got a copy from that Underlings site I believe. and it runs fine on my XP box...

speaking of speed issues... I used to play that old Mechwarrior game from Activision (which worked great on my old 386sx 16 (yeah, 16 Mhz) :D

Then, I took it to work one day and tried playing it on a 486dx2 66... talk about insane speed... I don't even have it anymore or it would be sick to watch on a new machine (only over 1000 times faster processor.... :D ) The Locusts were running circles around my mech so fast I couldn't even come close to taking them down. I hate to think how much faster they'd be now...