Commander 2017: Spidey (Vampiric Bloodlust) vs Mooseman (Arcane Wizardry)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's a whopping one.

However, hopefully that's enough for the Bloodlord of Vaasgoth to come in bloodthirsty.... (and triggers Markov and the Door)
Kabira Crossroads

Done

Spidey: 25
Damage from commander: 0/21
Hand: 4
Library: 87
Command Zone: 3RWB Edgar Markov (Legendary Creature-Vampire Knight; 4/4; Eminence-Whenever I cast another Vampire spell, if ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, create a 1/1 black Vampire creature token.; First strike, haste; Whenever ~ attacks, put a +1/+1 ctr on each Vampire I control)
Battlefield:

(T) Urborg Volcano (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B or R to my mana pool)
(T) Orzhov Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WB to my mana pool)
(T) Boros Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)
(T) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool)
(T) Kabira Crossroads (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 2 life.; T: Add W to my mana pool)

Curse of Verbosity (, EP, Whenever enchanted player is attacked, you draw a card. Each opponent attacking that player does the same.) *Controlled by Mooseman*

(U) Door of Destinies (As ~ ETB, choose a creature type. [VAMPIRE]; Whenever I cast a spell of the chosen type, put a charge ctr on ~.; Creatures I control of the chosen type get +1/+1 for each charge ctr on ~) *1 charge ctr*

(T) Vampire creature token (2/2 from Door)
(S) Bloodlord of Vaasgoth (7/7 from ctrs and Door; Bloodthirst 3; Flying; Whenever I cast a Vampire creature spell, it gains bloodthirst 3) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
(S) Vampire creature token (2/2 from Door)

Graveyard: Vampire Nighthawk
Exile:
==================================================================================================
Mooseman: 16
Hand: 6
Command Zone:2UBR Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (Human Wizard, 4/5, Eminence — Whenever another nontoken Wizard enters the battlefield under your control, if Inalla, Archmage Ritualist is in the command zone or on the battlefield, you may pay 1. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
Tap five untapped Wizards you control: Target player loses 7 life.)
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(T) Dimir Aqueduct (, , RTB tapped. When Dimir Aqueduct enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand. Tap: U and B.)
(U) Path of Ancestry ( ETB tapped. T:Add one mana of any color in your commander's color identity. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with your commander, scry 1.)
(U) Vivid Crag (, , Vivid Crag ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add R to your mana pool. T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Crag: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) * 2 charge ctrs*
(U) Unstable Obelisk (, A, T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 7, T, Sacrifice Unstable Obelisk: Destroy target permanent. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, this is going swimmingly
UUD
MT
Sol Ring
Mirror of the Forebears, choose...uh.... wizard

Done

Command Zone: 3RWB Edgar Markov (Legendary Creature-Vampire Knight; 4/4; Eminence-Whenever I cast another Vampire spell, if ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, create a 1/1 black Vampire creature token.; First strike, haste; Whenever ~ attacks, put a +1/+1 ctr on each Vampire I control)
Battlefield:

(T) Orzhov Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WB to my mana pool)
(T) Boros Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)
(T) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool)
(T) Kabira Crossroads (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 2 life.; T: Add W to my mana pool)

Curse of Verbosity (, EP, Whenever enchanted player is attacked, you draw a card. Each opponent attacking that player does the same.) *Controlled by Mooseman*

(U) Door of Destinies (As ~ ETB, choose a creature type. [VAMPIRE]; Whenever I cast a spell of the chosen type, put a charge ctr on ~.; Creatures I control of the chosen type get +1/+1 for each charge ctr on ~) *1 charge ctr*

(T) Vampire creature token (2/2 from Door)
(S) Bloodlord of Vaasgoth (7/7 from ctrs and Door; Bloodthirst 3; Flying; Whenever I cast a Vampire creature spell, it gains bloodthirst 3) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
(S) Vampire creature token (2/2 from Door)

Exile:
==================================================================================================
Hand: 3
Library: 86
Command Zone:2UBR Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (Human Wizard, 4/5, Eminence — Whenever another nontoken Wizard enters the battlefield under your control, if Inalla, Archmage Ritualist is in the command zone or on the battlefield, you may pay 1. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Dimir Aqueduct (, , RTB tapped. When Dimir Aqueduct enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand. Tap: U and B.)
(U) Path of Ancestry ( ETB tapped. T:Add one mana of any color in your commander's color identity. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with your commander, scry 1.)
(U) Vivid Crag (, , Vivid Crag ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add R to your mana pool. T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Crag: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) * 2 charge ctrs*
(U) Unstable Obelisk (, A, T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 7, T, Sacrifice Unstable Obelisk: Destroy target permanent. )
(T) Sol Ring (, A, T:2)

Mirror of the Forebears (, A, As ~ ETB, choose WIZARD. 1: Until end of turn, ~ becomes a copy of target creature you control of the chosen type, except it's an artifact in addition to its other types.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Still waiting for creatures? :eek: Or just high casting costs....

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with all
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(U) Urborg Volcano (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B or R to my mana pool)
(U) Orzhov Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WB to my mana pool)
(U) Boros Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)
(U) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool)
(U) Kabira Crossroads (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 2 life.; T: Add W to my mana pool)

(T,A) Vampire creature token (2/2 from Door)
(T,A) Bloodlord of Vaasgoth (7/7 from ctrs and Door; Bloodthirst 3; Flying; Whenever I cast a Vampire creature spell, it gains bloodthirst 3) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
(T,A) Vampire creature token (2/2 from Door)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(T) Mountain

Mirror of the Forebears (, A, As ~ ETB, choose WIZARD. 1: Until end of turn, ~ becomes a copy of target creature you control of the chosen type, except it's an artifact in addition to its other types.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 11

Bloodhusk Ritualist, kicked twice, triggering Edgar, the Door, and the Bloodlord
Responses?

Battlefield:

(U) Boros Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)

(U) Door of Destinies (As ~ ETB, choose a creature type. [VAMPIRE]; Whenever I cast a spell of the chosen type, put a charge ctr on ~.; Creatures I control of the chosen type get +1/+1 for each charge ctr on ~) *2 charge ctr*

(T) Vampire creature token (3/3 from Door)
(T) Bloodlord of Vaasgoth (8/8 from ctrs and Door; Bloodthirst 3; Flying; Whenever I cast a Vampire creature spell, it gains bloodthirst 3) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
(T) Vampire creature token (3/3 from Door)
(S) Bloodhusk Ritualist (7/7 from ctrs and Door; Bloodthirst 3 from Bloodlord; Multikicker B; When ~ ETB, target opponent discards a card for each time it was kicked) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
(S) Vampire creature token (3/3 from Door)

Exile:
Mooseman: 5
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(T) Mountain

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
No need, I have swamp, Mystifing Maze to discard and Galecaster Colossus, draw Clone Legion( i can't cast).
I could stop 2 creatures, but that isn't enough....
Good one for you, I drew 2 creatures and lots of land.
Wow, my draws in the last two games have been horrible.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, good game! I thought I'd have to play catch-up/defense with all of my "ETB tapped" lands, but I guess you were in the same boat.

Onto the next!