Coalition Victory

L

lilpinhead

can someone please explain this card to me? what could this be used with? the possibilities are pretty interesting to me.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was sure that there were a couple of discussion on Coalition Victory when the set was being released, but I can't find them anywhere doing a search. You can check out the few threads there are by doing a search and see if you get any ideas.

D

Daggertooth

I was thinking that a nice 5 color artifact deck would be fun. you know, Draco, Tek, and Stratadon. Must have 4 harrows. And the most important thing, 4 prismatic lace. If you don't kill your opponent by pure beatdown then a quick lace, coalation will be fun. Heres a quick deck list.

4x Draco
4x Statadon
4x Tek
4x Yavimia Elder
2x Dismantling Blow
2x Coalation Victory
4x Prismatic Lace
4x Allied Strategies
4x Swords to Plowshars
4x Gaea's might
12x Forests
3x Swamps
3x Plains
3x Island
3x Mountain

T

terzarima

Man if you're playing with Coalation Victory you pretty much HAVE to play with cards like dream thrush, Rainbow crow, and sea snidd (BOP wouldn't hurt). This way, you can play only two colours and win using coalation victory (mind you, you would need most of the creatures listed about out). You would use the Rainbow crows to get all the colours of creatures you needed, sea snidd and dream thrush to get the basic lands you need, and all the green creatures for some of the mana cost. However, I find that this is a very weak deck, if you manage to kill off all of their crows, they're hooped. If you manage to keep them at four land, they're hooped. If you continually make them discard, they're hooped.

But, things work, I've been wrong so many a time before. Daggertooths decks isn't half bad, but he needs more colour changing thing-ama-bobs.

G

Gerode

I have a G/U/b/r/w Coalition deck that uses mainly 2 or 3 of each of the 2/2 gold Pro-color Invasion commons, Rainbow Crows, Elfhame Sanctuaries and Harrows to get each color land, and a couple Dragon Legends to back up the CV.

I'm also going to add a few Dracos as soon as I get some.

I've had some success with the deck, but most of my friend's CV decks are rather poor. I would suggest Spiritual Asylums to prevent your critters from being blasted in response to CV, and counterspells are always a problem.

If you want to take a very creative and impractical approach, I could show you my creatureless and basic-landless CV deck build that won a contest.

T

The Magician

If you're into old cards, there is a blue creature from Ice Age called "Shyft". It's ability is to become the color or COMBINATION OF COLORS of your choice during your Upkeep. It's casting cost is 4U and it's a 4/2. Since it can be all 5 colors the turn after it comes into play, it will take care of the creature half of Coalition Victory.