CCHoF Casual Game

turgy22

Nothing Special
Since being thrown back into the CCHoF voting committee and being incredibly bored, I thought it might be fun to build some decks around the CCHoF cards and play some games.

Anyone interested?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh. I kind of am, but I'm terrible at finding time to deckbuild, as evidenced by Sports Season 2.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm game for it (stole my idea, didn't you). I may be able to make a deck, but my time keeps fluctuating between auditioning, rehearsing and lots of free time.

I'll be able to pick up playing again, soon. I am interested in playing.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ransac;287569 said:
I'm game for it (stole my idea, didn't you).
Did I? I searched for threads about games with CCHoF cards, but didn't find anything. If I did, then it's a good idea. Did anything come of it before?

Whenever anyone is ready to play, just start up a thread. I've already put together one deck, so I'm all ready to go.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Not really stealing (I never insinuated playing games). But I did have the thought about building CCHoF decks this morning and posting the following.

Ransac;287566 said:
I think Reaper King is a perfectly fine addition to this list. Turgy22 is right: it screams casual.

I kinda wanna build a deck around him now.
I was just busting your chops, though.

Dibs on the Didgeridoo deck.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ah, that. FWIW, Mooseman made a Mage's Contest deck back in January 2007.

Didgeridoo? Man, I'm going to need to put together a better deck to compete with that.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So would we each just choose a card to build around without telling anyone or should we call them so as not to have people doing the same card or what?

And what should be banned?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Um, I don't know. I just figured anyone could build whatever deck they choose around whichever card they liked. If two people pick the same card or cards, it's no big deal. If they build the same deck with those same cards, then that would be really freaky.

Banned... hadn't thought that through, either. Maybe make all the decks legal for Legacy (I think that's what it's called - formerly Type 1.5, so everything restricted in Vintage is banned.)

Zat sound good?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
turgy22;287584 said:
Um, I don't know. I just figured anyone could build whatever deck they choose around whichever card they liked. If two people pick the same card or cards, it's no big deal. If they build the same deck with those same cards, then that would be really freaky.
Yeah, that makes sense.

Banned... hadn't thought that through, either. Maybe make all the decks legal for Legacy (I think that's what it's called - formerly Type 1.5, so everything restricted in Vintage is banned.)
Well, they split the lists like forever ago. Here's the Legacy banned list anyway.

Sounds fun. I'll throw something together tonight.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Just a (bad) thought. Why not limit the cards to the set that each winner was from?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I haven't checked, but my suspicion is that if we did that, a lot fewer of the cards would be viable to build decks around. Legacy allows for such a huge pool that we should be able to build decks around any of the cards in the hall of fame, excepting the ones that have only utility functions. What I mean by ones that have utility functions is that while something like Innocent Blood may be cool, it can really only clear the way for something else, not be the card that an entire build revolves around. Which gives me the idea of trying to build a deck with as many CCHoF winners as possible, but that's another thing entirely...

Obviously some cards make for stronger decks than others. Hopefully none of them are too broken...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Multi_player..... :eek: I'd need another deck for that. But I can do it.

Turgy22: Start a thread and I'll play.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'd love to play, but I'm gonna start traveling next month and will be infrequent as to when I can respond.

Ransac, cpa trash man