Board design question

S

sageridder

Is there any way to move the "What's Going On?" block to the top of the page?I know it might sound silly, but it's kinda easy to not realize it's someone's birthday with it below the forums as it is.

T

train

Ah spidey - not willing to give it a try?... Who knows you might not completely mess things up...

hehe...

In looking at the layout, it might be contractable and placed in a "slimmer" fashion at the top... but a simple argument against would be that if you really wanted to view it, you know where it is and can scroll to it...

"Unfortunately, it takes quite a bit for change at times..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not really willing to try changing the forum layout and risk messing everything up, especially when I can't run backups. I'd just put it in a folder called "Wishlist for Ed's Viewing" :)

I

Istanbul

I'm with Spidey on this one. Even if I knew how, I'd probably do more harm than good. Better to let the techies handle this one.

E

evan d

Well than hoq about you guys delete the first page of people in the members list. There are no posts ofr any of them. I think it makes the forum look bad.

J

Jigglypuff

Speaking of the member's list...

Sweet, I still have the most posts of any user who's name begins with a J.

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll check the first page of the members list. If they're "bot registers", they can go.

Jigglypuff, are you the only user that starts with "J"? ;)

T

train

I have to agree - I was going through the members list, and there are tons of bot registries...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Wouldn't it be pretty safe to clear out all of the users that are more than a year old and have zero posts? I know there are a lot of them...

Spidey: There's also Jorael, who is still active (last I checked).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We started clearing out users over five years old as last active with zero posts.

I know, hence the ;)

T

train

whew... that's a relief...

I was only 4 years old last I checked...

;)
Is there some registration system that can be implemented to stop a bot from registering so much in the future? - kind of like that "verification" system with blurred numbers and letters?