Black & Red

C

Captain Caveman

So, what_is_ the best version of Black & Red?

1. Land Destruction ( Trench Wurm, Pillage, ect.)
2. NetherVoid (Nether Spirit, Burn, Discard & Void)
3. Specter Beatdown (Blazing & Abyssal)
4. Zadok001's version

Here's one for our WoTc friend Elaine.

Elaine Chase

Void.dec

4 Void
4 Shock
3 Hammer of Bogardan
4 Urza's Rage
4 Dark Ritual
4 Addle
1 Perish
2 Pyre Zombie
1 Thrashing Wumpus
4 Blazing Specter
4 Skizzik
4 Urborg Volcano
4 Sulfurous Springs
8 Swamp
9 Mountain

Sideboard:
3 Cursed Totem
2 Marauding Knight
3 Tsabo's Web
3 Tsabo's Decree
3 Perish
1 Thrashing Wumpus

"One of R&D's two newest acquisitions (the other being the amazing Brian Schneider), Elaine chose to play a powerful red/black deck that is a Wizards of the Coast favorite, and also played by R&D's William Jockusch, Henry Stern and Organized Play's Kierin Chase. Void is one of the most powerful spells in Invasion - and it gives R/B a major sweeper card, especially when combined with Addle. Blazing Specter is a huge threat creature that seems a lot more like Hypnotic Specter than Abyssal Specter. The real strength of Elaine's deck comes from it's recurring cards: Hammer of Bogardan and Pyre Zombie. Without a solid way to remove multiple spells from the game, most decks have a hard time fighting through the Hammer and Zombie. Hammer and Urza's Rage are very good answers to the 3/3 threats that Fattie Geddon presents. The deck's major weakness is Armageddon, which can just wreck it, since it needs so much mana to function. Thankfully, Dark Ritual speeds up the development, allowing for turn two Specter or turn three Void. When asked for revisions to this build, Elaine suggested taking out the Perish and adding another Thrashing Wumpus, as well as changing the sideboard, which is so slanted against G/W that it cannot sideboard all the cards in."

Lets build a really good Black & Red deck.

Caveman

Z

Zadok001

I like my version! :) Not the one I had before, though, the latest decklist is this:

4 Seal of Fire
3 Scorching Lava
3 Hammer of Bogardan
3 Urza's Rage
3 Skizzik

3 Pyre Zombie
4 Blazing Specter
3 Void
1 Charcoal Diamond
1 Tranquility

4 Dark Ritual
2 Vampiric Tutor

1 Keldon Necropolis
2 Shivan Oasis
2 Karplusan Forest
4 Urborg Volcano
4 Sulferous Springs
6 Mountain
5 Swamp

This is the most versitile B/R deck I've seen, with a lot of solutions to everything. (The other three Tranquilities, btw, are in the sideboard, and they are SO worth it!)