Black Green Dredge

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

ok those of you may be familiar with the ridiculous ichorid deck with g/u/b

well mine is more multiplayer friendly, has LD, and runs super cool ashen ghouls, which beat the pants off of ichorid. It's also 2 color, runs a land engine, can kill an army of 2/2's 4/4's etc with lands, and i think is more fun.

// Lands
5 Swamp
4 Forest
4 Bayou
4 Cabal Pit (target creature gets -2/-2)
1 Strip Mine (kill any land)
1 Wasteland (kill blinkmoth nexus's and new shocklands)
2 Petrified Field (recur lands without loam)
2 Barren Moor (Cycling to recur)
2 Tranquil Thicket (cycling to recur)
// Creatures
4 Golgari Grave-Troll (best dredger 6)
4 Stinkweed Imp (Tied at 5)
4 Putrid Imp (Tied for 5)
4 golgari thug (Tied at 5 and can actually be killed with darkblast or cabal therapy)
4 Nether Shadow (they just come out after a few turns)
4 Ashen Ghoul (hasting too)
// Enchantments
// Spells
4 Life of the Loam
4 Roar of the Wurm (cheap huge wurms)
4 Cabal Therapy (name golgari troll and dump him)
4 Darkblast (quick setup to dredge turn 2)
1 Elfhame Sanctuary (save you from decking)
1 Krosan Reclamation (save you from decking)

those of you who are familiar with it. I cut deep analysis, psychatog and all
that garbage.

any thoughts?
oh and i know its like 64-65 cards :D
you never really get mana screwed.

L

Limited

I wouldn't think the Roar of the Wurms are necessary.. A 6/6 is nice, but the idea is to keep attacking with Ashen Ghouls right?

One Elfhame Sanctuary is not really be dependable, so I would drop it and put in two more Krosan Reclamation. You need two to ensure you never get decked and I usually put in a third because you can use its flashback on the other two if you milled all three of them.

I really like adding Cabal Pit.. recurring creature removal with Life from the Loam is excellent.

In order to make it a 60-card deck (if you'd want to do that) I would cut the forth copy of each spell with Dredge..

Schmichorid.dec said:
// Lands (24)
4 Swamp
4 Forest
4 Bayou
4 Cabal Pit
1 Strip Mine
1 Wasteland
2 Petrified Field
2 Barren Moor
2 Tranquil Thicket
// Creatures (24)
4 Golgari Grave-Troll
4 Stinkweed Imp (Tied at 5)
4 golgari thug (Tied at 5 and can actually be killed with darkblast or cabal therapy)
3 Nether Shadow (doesn't dredge and doesn't really impress.. I mean, 1/1?)
4 Ashen Ghoul
// Spells (13)
3 Life of the Loam
4 Cabal Therapy
3 Darkblast
3 Krosan Reclamation
(What does "tied for 5" mean? And why does Putrid Imp have it?)

((Do you mean you would play 5 if you could?))

*confused*

M

Mikeymike

What about more general Black GY animation cards? You are setting up your graveyard like a mad man with all the Dredge in the deck, a well placed Living Death/Recurring Nightmare/etc. would provide a nice alternative strategy to the deck.

Also, creature sacking abilities might be pretty nice as well. Phyrexian Tower would be a solid supplemental land in this area, and then there are a slew of other sack-for-effect cards available in B/G/Art that too could be used to your advantage.

Lastly, and alternative build type would be with the Odyssey Shrines since you will often be able to take serious advantage of duplicate graveyard instances.

F

Force of Will Smith

by tied for 5 i mean they have dredge 5, etc.

i think id have to run 3 krosans to make it work... assuming i had no cards in my library i could flashback one to put the 2 on top, then just keep casting those...

living death might be a really good idea... maybe i could run a couple eternal witness so i could bring those guys back with my thug, and recur spells as well?
plus i usually have like 20 creatures in my graveyard, even if they are wimpy 1/1's. 3/1's, 1/1 fliers,etc. enough 1/1s'd do it.

my original idea of this deck was to play a seeker of skybreak and a mesmeric orb..
have 3 lands, drop your library into your graveyard, and use the flashback card to shuffle living death or drain life+songs of the damned on top of my library..

then next turn i draw the songs, turn after that i cast living death, bringing all 4 kokushos back for the win, or drain life for 24+

OOoooo never even thought about the shrines.... nantuko shrine is really the only one that would work sadly.... it would give me a mess of 1'1s but i might lose it since its an enchantment :/

what do you guys think about the land variety? like the number of cycling lands,etc..
i think petrified field and pits are amazing...

F

Force of Will Smith

making it 60 doesnt really concern me since i dredge for a ton, but it might speed it up a tiny bit. The main thing about the nethershadows is that they have haste, and are good repeated chump blockers. I also thought about maindecking krovikan horrors.. so i can deal a max of 8 damage a turn with the ghouls and the shadows, i think i forgot to say that :D

F

Force of Will Smith

I've come up with a edited build.. I wanted to put living deaths but theres no chance i wouldnt dredge right past it. I also got rid of zombie infestation as its an enchantment. The thug can at least fetch the putrid imp if needed..

// Lands
5 Swamp
5 Forest
4 Bayou
3 Cabal Pit (target creature gets -2/-2)
2 Barren Moor
2 Tranquil Thicket
1 Petrified Field
1 Strip Mine (kill any land)
1 Wasteland

// Creatures
4 Golgari Grave-Troll
4 Stinkweed Imp (5)
4 Nether Shadow (Synergy with the krovikan)
4 Ashen Ghoul
3 Krovikan Horror
3 golgari thug (4)
2 Undead Gladiator (amazingly good for this deck, pay 1B, to pitch a dredger)

// Spells
4 Life of the Loam
3 Roar of the Wurm (cheap huge wurms)
3 Cabal Therapy (name golgari troll and dump him)
3 Darkblast
2 Krosan Reclamation (save you from decking)

I tried it out only 3 loams and i regretted it.. Im still unsure about knocking petrified field down to 1, seeing as how it gives me exactly the land i need.

I found getting multiple shades into play is amazing, as they just annoy your opponent, providing a line of blockers until you throw down a 6/6, a gravetroll, or just sac'ing your shades and ghouls to the krovikan.

R

Reverend Love

I think Thug is redudant and uneeded. I think a single copy of Genesis, Entomb, and maybe even a Wonder or some other U/G Madness manstay. Afterall you've got two of the biggest dredgers already present.

If your willing to throw in a dash of kookiness there's Morality Shift, Necrosavant, don't forget Krovikan Horror.

Beacon of Unrest, Bloodbond March, Chainer, master of lightning bolts, ooh ooh VICTIMIZE!

So many dirty deeds to be preformed when tinkering with your graveyard.

EDIT

Nevermind, looks like you already added Horror.