Biorhythm

B

bryson430

Am I alone in thinking that Biorhythm is potentially one of the most powerful cards around at present? Particularly in green.

J

Jigglypuff

Yes. Actually, you aren't. I posted a couple of Biorhythm decks a while ago. Search in the Decks forum for my username to see them. Or if you're too lazy for that, here's the brief version: Basically, the deck was designed to steal as many of their creatures as possible and then Biorhythm them down real low and kill them with their own creatures.

(- Steve -)

B

bryson430

Naughty...

I have an G/W deck that it will slip into nicely. (Just got one in a booster, you see.)

W

WickedBoy6

Wow, that's all I have to say...And a Green deck, too, where creatures are it's specialty. I say use lots of walls & regenerators, using a lot of anti-flying cards to ground the opponent. With Green & it's fattie tramplers, you should be able to plow right through his grounded defenses, dealing whatever small life points he does have. Wing Storm looks like it could work if you have no9 fliers and he's dependant on them.

K

Killerbob

strong in casual. cc8 is a bit high for tournament decks, and in casual I dont like playing a card which basically says "if opponent has no creatures in play, you win the game". I like playing. This card stops the game and spoils the fun. Just my oppinion.

N

NorrYtt

No one mentioned ELVES?!?!?!

I dropped two Biorhythms into my Elf deck and got a

THIRD TURN KILL!!!

It was a god-draw, something like Forest, Llanowar, Quirion Ranger, Priest of Titania, Wirewood Lodge, Biorhythm.

I was reading one guy's tourney report about his Burning Wish control deck that would kill with Biorhythm once he gained control of the game. He says it's because it's just the quickest kill card he found for the deck, and he won 4 or 5 games with it.

That being said, the 'rhythm is an eight-mana monstrosity, but that's to keep it casual, and possibly from dominating tournaments if it cost, say, six mana (like the current 'I win' card - Upheaval).

T

train

What's funny is when they uppheaval with floating mana for the psychatog and you play cease-fire... even if they counter it - Tog doesn't hit the table...

K

Killerbob

Like my favourite use for Orims Chant: as a respond to first turn dark ritual. Burn stupid black mage!

E

EricBess

The problem I see with Biorythm is that, 95% of the time that you will win if you cast it, you will win anyway. If you have some sort of lock deck that can't hold a lock and Biorythm will produce a quick kill, then I suppose I can see that, but sideboarded, not main. Maybe a bounce deck of some sort using Tradewinds and so forth.

K

Killerbob

In type 1 tournaments I play Parfait. For those who doesnt know what that is, this is a monowhite deck, which seek to take control of the game with powerfull enchantments, ending up with a sacred mesa kill. This is a strong deck, but I´ve been having nightmares of Biorhythm. Noone will probably play this in a serious type 1 tournament, but it´s a fine sideboard card against one of the best decks. Monowhite can do nothing against it. Usuallly you play the mesa very late.