4 Watery Grave

SB:
1 Akroma, the Angel of Wrath
2 Reya Dawnbringer
4 Platinum Angel
2 Iridescent Angel
2 Lightning Angel
4 Angel of Despair

This deck usually works out really well. Bad things happen when I take gambles with Careful Study, and MWS didn't shuffle my library well.

F

Force of Will Smith

avatar of hope really doesnt belong here.. you should run avatar of woe.

Also you only have 1 card that animates your dead... and if someone uses anything to remove your graveyard or that one card, you're toast...

good accellerated discard tho.

T

Terentius

Avatar of Woe is a negative, cuz this is Extended format. I can access my friend's collection and make a real life version of this, although I'd have to take Bidding out of my Zombie deck.

There's also Stitch Together that can bring things back. And there have been times where I've gotten Threshold really quickly with Careful Study or Avatar of Discord.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
If you have to take the Bidding out of your Zombie deck, then DO it! You can always put it back when you're done. :rolleyes:

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

Terentius

Yeah, but I'd have to keep switchin covers... and I'm lazy. I really don't even play real life anymore now that I'm up at school.

Anyway, so I guess there's no more critique for the deck?

L

Limited

Of course there's more critique!

First of all, not enough reanimation. The only ones are two Stitch Together, which is conditional reanimation so not very reliable. Reya is great, but without reanimation you won't be able to play her..

I get the feeling I am missing something very obvious (*keep scrolling up to check the decklist*) but I can't see how this deck works. You just wait till you get one of two Stitch Together and hope that the one thing you'll return will win you the game?

The Patriarch's Bidding seems like a great idea; playing it and naming Avatar is worth some style points. But perhaps you could also find some stuff like Zombify or Exume? Doomed Necromancer? Yore-Tiller Nephilim?!

Next, is 17 lands enough? Even with the Bloodpets, wouldn't you add a couple of Dimir Aqueducts?

Lastly, perhaps some kind of removal? Don't want a Worship to ruin your day, right? How about Clutch of the Undercity (which transmutes for Zombify) or Recoil (which is just plain annoying)?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
What about Buried Alive to help build your graveyard?

And, Tsi, keep in mind that a lot of us don't log on during the weekends. You'll get a lot more feedback during the week.

Ransac, cpa trash man

F

Force of Will Smith

also you have no bidding even listed in your deck.

T

Terentius

You are correct sir, I did leave out Bidding. I have 3 in my possession, and if I choose to make this deck real life, I'm sure I can get another one.

Revision:

4 Avatar of Hope
4 Scion of Darkness
4 Herald of Leshrac
4 Stalking Vengeance
4 Avatar of Discord
4 Blood Pet

4 Careful Study
4 Chain of Smog
4 Patriarch's Bidding
4 Compulsive Research
1 Twilight's Call
2 Stitch Together

6 Island
7 Swamp
4 Watery Grave

SB:
1 Akroma, the Angel of Wrath
2 Reya Dawnbringer
4 Platinum Angel
2 Iridescent Angel
2 Lightning Angel
4 Angel of Despair

I'm considering dropping the Chain of Smog also. I didn't realize people usually won't copy the spell.
Dimir Aqueduct? Eh... I'd rather just add another land.

EDIT: Man, wtf was I thinking... Chain of Smog owns control decks. I used to hate control decks, but all I gotta do is bide my time until he simply doesn't have enough resources to counter everything. That is, if he's not a oink who uses Isochron Scepter+Counterspell.

T

Terentius

So like umm... the deck was slow. If for some reason I couldn't get enough mana, or Bidding, I suck. So I used Life/Death. And it was good, except I can't play it very late because of its second effect. I wondered if there was a way to deal with the life loss of Death, and I thought... why am I using avatars? Angels are better, and Platinum Angel will save my hide, or an early Akroma = GG.

Revision:

4 Platinum Angel
4 Angel of Despair
2 Akroma, Angel of Wrath
2 Reya Dawnbringer
3 Adakar Valkyrie

4 Careful Study
4 Chain of Smog (no one ever copies this... :( )
4 Patriarch's Bidding
4 Compulsive Research
4 Mental Note
3 Life/Death
4 Dimir Signet

6 Island
8 Swamp
4 Watery Grave

SB:
3 Avatar of Hope
3 Scion of Darkness
3 Herald of Leshrac
4 Stalking Vengeance
2 Avatar of Discord

Come to think of it, are elementals better than avatars?

T

Terentius

Don't mean to revive an old thread, but it's a question stemming from this deck. First, let's update:

4 Platinum Angel
4 Angel of Despair
3 Akroma, Angel of Wrath (bumped to 3 cuz she single-handedly wins games, just gotta watch how many I discard before Bidding)
3 Exalted Angel
1 Reya Dawnbringer
1 Razia, Boros Archangel

4 Careful Study
4 Chain of Smog (no one ever copies this... :( )
4 Patriarch's Bidding
4 Compulsive Research
4 Mental Note
4 Life/Death
1 Thirst for Knowledge

4 Island
4 Swamp
2 Plains
2 Watery Grave
4 Hallowed Fountain
3 Dimir Aqueduct

SB (I realized I need to actually make useful sideboards to compete, and not just to change the deck around):
4 Disrupt
4 Rites of Refusal
4 Stitch Together
3 Cranial Extraction

Anyway, the question I had was: is it worth trying to squeeze in the W, so if I'm in a bind, I can play Exalted or Despair from Hand? I have been in games that for some reason have dragged on that long, and Platinum Angel played from hand has helped greatly. But then again, make sure I have both B and U in opening hand will set up for a nice Akroma, the Superwoman via Life/Death on turn 2. I've read many a time to only do one thing with your decks, and do it well... but I just can't help it :(.

Suggestions?

L

Limited

Seeing that you have access to duals, I'd think it shouldn't be too hard to include white.. So if you take out four Swamps for four Godless Shrines, you should be okay.

On the other hand, I still you aren't playing enough land in total; even for a deck with that much card drawing, 19 doesn't seem like a whole lot. Maybe you could drop the Mental Notes for some more land?

T

Terentius

I could... but I'd only drop one though. Mana shortages are very few with this deck. I just need to make sure I have any sort of draw accel in my opening hand.