Best way to exploit Land Equilibrium

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

Anyone know the best way to exploit this card...
I got 4 of them from my local card shop a while back and wanted to utilize them...

If i armageddon'd aften.. then as long as my i didnt play any lands, opponents wouldnt be able to play any...

What about with moonfolk, where i can return lands to my hands for effects..

say i have 5 lands.. they have 6, i pay 4, and return 2 creatures to their hand, bouncing my 4 lands leaving me with one..

as far as i can tell the benefit of this would only be if they tried to play another land.

I suppose with cards that put lands into play repeatedly or cards that up my land count i could pull some tricks..

Would this work..
i bounce all my lands to return all their creatures.
And during my turn i use my monk+exploration+skyshroud ranger to play 5 lands per turn...
if i continue to do this but bounce lands, could i establish control?

anyone know any other benefits from returning lands and not discarding them? other than Flooded Shoreline?

thx

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I would use LD spells, Zuran Orb, Explorations, and Crucible of EVIL!

Oh, and that new Exploration in creature form too...

Well, that might be inefficient. Maybe just pack tons of artifact mana and stop them from having any lands...

F

Force of Will Smith

I guess if i wanted to fetch a ton of cards i could put in trade routes and orb and crucible.

I guess with some art. mana i could pop a land equilibrium t2-3.

hm.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Playing it with Balance or something could be fun, since Balance won't affect it but is likely to mess things up for your opponent, especially if Zuran Orb is out...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Crucible and Strip Mine is good enough by itself. That's not really exploiting Land Equilibrium, is it?

T

train

the crucible and mine allow you to manage your land count to keep them down - kind of like limited resources did...

D

DarthFerret

Use them with the above suggestions and supplement with Winter Orbs and Phyrexian Gremlins (or Icy Manipulators)

Not only do you control thier land amount, but then you also control how much they use, and if they cannot put out any new land (due to land equilibrium) they will only have ONE mana untapped each turn.