background music?:cool:

S

sageridder

This might be too much, but what about having streaming music playing in the background?There are a boatload of ways it could administered,ex genre by topic or time of day ect.I'm sure this might be a programing nightmare but it was just a thought.And if anyone didn't like it they could just leave thier speakers off.

D

dw51688

maybe. it's a cool idea though. maybe a little out of proportion but you never know what those founders can do. Especially Zadok

N

NeuroDeus

I hate the idea...I would never stay on CPA for a minute with streaming music...Not everybody likes the same music and it would be a pain for CPA to be personalized...

D

DÛke

We had a long argument about different music a while back, and the argument ended up between me and the evilist of all known women, Almindhra:p!

Sure music might be good, but 'different' types of music, and I mean 'different' than what 'I' or 'you' always listen to could create disterbances and unusually 'wild' and 'unwanted' behavior:)!

If you want music, download Napster, and download 'whatever' you wish, and whatever that pleases your 'desires'. Nobody (but you) can hear it, therefore, nobody (but you) can complain about it:)!

Over all, great idea!

[Edited by DÛke on September 2nd, 2000 at 12:15 AM]

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
LOL. No offense, but that's the stupidest, most ametuerish thing I could do to this page. So, no way.

If you want music just pop a CD in your CD-ROM or, even better, in a stereo and play it while you browse.

A

Almindhra

People just can't accept when they wrong about such basic things in life...

Ahem...*cough, cough*...Duke...

D

DÛke

People just can't accept when they wrong about such basic things in life...
Wrong! You think it's wrong to have a girlfriend that doesn't play Magic! Poor you...I feel sorry...

Anyway, about the music, like Ed said, you could play the music from your own computer, it's not that hard to do:).

[Edited by DÛke on September 2nd, 2000 at 02:17 PM]

A

Apollo

DUke, I think she was trying to be funny.

Almindhra (or Doeminique, I've gotta remember that), you've gotta learn to use smilies :) :D ;) Nobody can ever figure out when you're serious or messing with us :)

D

DÛke

...it's alright, it ain't to biggy. Give me all the jokes you got:)! But if it was serious, than I don't like it. I thought we moved on...

I realize that's she's trying to make a joke, but without the ":)", we wouldn't know if it's a joke, offensive, or an insult.

If I hadn't all the smilies I've used, I would have been banned long time ago from the CPA :D.

N

Neo_Keo

Why does Almindra mentions something about DUKE and vice versa ( most of the time ) :D

Can't we all just get along, huh? :):D:)

D

DÛke

...has a crush on me:)! No, I'm just joking:).

Seriously, I don't care if you make fun of me, or joke about me, or talk behind my back, or anything, if it's for fun and games, than I support it with all my power. Have fun, that's what's important; but when you use me as a bad example, or something, I don' like that.

It's not hard to smile, see: :).

See, Sageridder, I'm listening to background music right now using Napster. You could play your own music from your own PC:).

A

Almindhra

I never said that having a g-friend that plays magic is bad!...Argh...I don't know how many times I've corrected you about that...Go reread that thread or something...

For clarification: Doeminique is my screen name...Its a combination of Dominique ( my real name ) and Doe ( a nickname my lil' sis gave me and everyone caught on to )...Not that I'm badgering you Apollo, its just most people don't know that, and now you do...

And I don't want to use smilies because you want me to...How about that?...Maybe I will use them, but never in a post directed towards Duke because he uses too many smilies...

D

DÛke

Live your life up, maybe you'll find what you're looking for.
Have fun, fun, fun, and more fun, life is short, you must live it up with smiles and jokes. Never be pissed off, it probably doesn't worth it. Have fun, and always smile at the world.

:):D:):D:):D
:D:):D:):D:)

D

Darsh

Come on get happy!! :D
Background music bad idea but everyone already knew that
Can't we all just get along?