Atogs are IN odys! (A magic thread for once)

L

Lotus Mox

They look cool, but I don't like the fact that they only get +1/+1 per sacrifice, but perhaps Atogatog (the Atog eater :) ) will make them more playable.

As they stand now they're rather weak, and will only be played if getting threshold fast has high priority or all other creatures are 1/1 for 8 mana ;).

Z

Zadok001

Fairly weak, except for Pyschatog, who has serious applications in Limited, and possibly Type 2, due to his synergistic abilities. I like the idea, but the execution leaves a bit to be desired...

I

Istanbul

I tend to agree with the article; Psychatog is halfway decent, but the others are barely palatable. (Though the Lithatog and Thaumatog, R/G and W/G, are conceivable...not for R or W, but because the G ability is fairly easy to work.)

D

DÛke

...I love the Psychatog. I'm a big fan of U/B, and if I can play these...I would probably add 1 or 2 to a U/B control deck. Thieving Magpie is very good on its own. Its power is even greater with this atog, because you have an option to play the card, or if it's useless, feed it. Fact or Fiction and Probe are very interesting with Psychatog. You get to have both, cards for your graveyard and cards for your hand...both of which are of great benefits for this atog. I dunno. I like this badboy. I can see U/B trying these tricks...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Psychatog is amazing! God, I can't wait for Odyssey........even though I'll be in my own little small town, MILES awat from civilization.

Ransac, cpa trash man