Argoth Bureau of Land Management [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This one has been a long time coming. I was in an early market research playtest for The Brothers' War and just so happened to pull both Titania and Argoth in the same sealed pool. I never managed to meld them in that test, but I knew right then that I was going to build an EDH deck with this Titania as my commander. Sure enough, the packs I opened contained both cards in the meld pair. It's destiny, I tell you. I am going to do some shenanigans with lands.

Commander:
1 Titania, Voice of Gaea

1 Abundance
1 Ancient Greenwarden
1 Argoth, Sanctum of Nature
1 Ashnod's Altar
1 Azusa, Lost but Seeking
1 Bala Ged Recovery
1 Beast Within
1 Burgeoning
1 Concordant Crossroads
1 Constant Mists
1 Crop Rotation
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Cultivator Colossus
1 Dryad Arbor
1 Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
1 Elvish Reclaimer
1 Eternal Witness
1 Expedition Map
1 Exploration
1 Far Wanderings
1 Force of Vigor
24 Forest
1 Gaea's Cradle
1 Gaea's Touch
1 Genesis
1 Genesis Wave
1 Glacial Chasm
1 Green Sun's Zenith
1 Harrow
1 Horn of Greed
1 Journey of Discovery
1 Khalni Heart Expedition
1 Life from the Loam
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Lotus Cobra
1 Manabond
1 Maze of Ith
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Mox Diamond
1 Nature's Lore
1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
1 Oracle of Mul Daya
1 Petrified Field
1 Phyrexian Altar
1 Rampaging Baloths
1 Rampant Growth
1 Ramunap Excavator
1 Regrowth
1 Rogue's Passage
1 Roiling Regrowth
1 Scapeshift
1 Seasons Past
1 Sol Ring
1 Spike Weaver
1 Splendid Reclamation
1 Spore Frog
1 Springbloom Druid
1 Strip Mine
1 Summer Bloom
1 Survival of the Fittest
1 Sylvan Library
1 Sylvan Safekeeper
1 Sylvan Scrying
1 Three Visits
1 Timeless Witness
1 Tireless Provisioner
1 Titania, Protector of Argoth
1 Tranquil Thicket
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Wasteland
1 Wayward Swordtooth
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wooded Foothills
1 World Shaper
1 Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth
1 Zuran Orb

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This deck won its first game with a combination of melding Titania and swinging with beast tokens generated by Rampaging Baloths. I got to do the thing and the deck ultimately won the game, so I can't be too bitter about it. But I really only won because a player who could have stopped Titania wanted to see the meld thing happen, so he effectively threw the game. I topdecked too many lands and really had to rely on Rampaging Baloths with Ancient Greenwarden in order to have a board presence. So yeah, the deck stalled out. But hey, a win is a win.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This deck can stall out sometimes, but it's good. I wound up in a tense game against Light-Paws, Emperor's Voice. I was stuck with hardly any land, and at one point had to use Elvish Reclaimer to sacrifice my only forest to get Maze of Ith for protection, so my lands were just Maze of Ith, Gaea's Cradle, and Dryad Arbor. Fortunately, Cradle is broken, and saw me through the game. By the time the Light-Paws player could find an answer for Maze of Ith, I got Glacial Chasm and a Life from the Loam engine going. Impressed with how well Titania complements Glacial Chasm.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
My second updated deck of 2023...

-1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
-1 Force of Vigor
-1 Rampant Growth
-2 Forest
+1 Tireless Tracker
+1 Realms Uncharted
+1 Boseiju, Who Endures
+1 Lotus Vale
+1 Prismatic Vista

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played just one game so far with the updated list. I was worried that I might stall out after Burgeoning gave me a nice head start. But Titania was able to keep the pressure on my opponents, and I beat them all down in the end.