Applejacks

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
For those of us who aren't too smart to inherently pick up on what the deck is supposed to do, can you explain it? :) Is it just like a "Toolbox" or "Silver Bullet" deck or something?

R

rkoelsch

It seems to fragile to depend on Elvish Piper. But it is an interesting design.

T

Turtlewax Joe

it works kinda like a spounge actually. I gave it a cereal because it pulls off a lot of little combos (most utility decks should have these little tricks). But, the real goal is to get a piper into play soon and drop a big fatty like Verdant Force of Rith and ride them home to victory. there is a few ways to survive a big attack. first is just Disk the poo out of everything or slowly Scroll everything away. You can also use Kor Haven if you want. Worship is handy in such situation. Parallax Wave is a great sollution but remember if you use it for defence yopu don't have it for aufence. Reya has a few rolls in the deck. She can bring things back from being discarde to a Mongrel, or can re use an Orangutan or Eagle that bit it to a Shivan Harvest ( a way of getting stuff into your graveyard to be reused by the way). You can also go arggo with mongrels and a faster start instead of holding back for utility. I forgot to mention the Reya/Hermit combo....fun.

that's the explanation i put with the deck.

It is fragile but if you force an early mongrel, you can go super agressive. It actually seems good to me but i'm prolly blind, testing starts tomorrow at the mall, so i'll up date the post:)

T.J.:p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I must have missed it, sorry. :(

Would Survival of the Fittest work here? Since you need a creature in your hand anyway...

T

Turtlewax Joe

Survival is ruled out for 2 reasons:

1) it would make it unoriginal, not the goal of the deck.
2) the deck is extended ( must have missed that as well spidey ;))
and Survival is banned in 1.x.

but, any other suggestions? I know it's a bit fragile but that's why it has utility and 2-3 back up win conditions.

T.J.:p looking for more feed back

T

Turtlewax Joe

Card of the Day: WORSHIP! this may be because of the fact that i played alot against mi friends Benzo deck (Pyro Monkey respectively handed my butt to me once)

Later i lost to a T II counter/mill/life gain deck but no one plays that in extended anyways soooo...

On the otherhand...I sold most of my binder for $27 (you would to) and made $41 total

CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE MADE:

-3 Shivan harvest- what the hewck was i thinking??? I do have reasons for having these in but my god no.

-1 Rith's Charm- this thing never once was top decked nearly never helped....I may side board 1-2

-1 Keldon necropolis- i never wanted this card

-1 Undiscovered paradise- so inefficient, never wanted it

I can't decide on the scroll, in or out? it's good but when am i gonna use it mi deck likes syuff in my hand...!? but it well i guess it didn't never mind it's gone...

-1 Cursed scroll

now I'm working on revisions here's wut i have so far...

+1 Nev's disk- i miss ponza days and found miself once again in love with this card it got me out of tough spots and it gave me fresh starts...I love it

+1 seal of cleansing- this should be obvious since my only enchant/artifact removal was an Eagle, Monkey and seal I'd like another seal plz.

+1 Kor haven- need more DEFENCE!

+3 Wasteland- something to replace Shivan harvest and ups my land to 24.

+1 Worship- MVP it should take 2 slots

that sums it up i guess. I picked upa birds for a reasonable price and playtested mi brain child so i guess im happy for tonight...

goodbye CPA'ers.

T.J.:p

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It's definitely original. Umm, I don't know what to say about it except that I liked the Recurring Nightmare deck a little better.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

Turtlewax Joe

It's more consistent but I came up with this by myself and it's actually pretty good.

I noticed last night that the only red card I was playing was Rith, Weenie Flopper. So I was wondering if I should keep all 12 duals, 4 savannah and some arrangement of other duals, or just Savannah, since i already am running gemstone Mine and BoP I don't really think i need to worry about consistency.

The deck right now:

4x Elvish Piper
4x Wild Mongrel
2x Reya
1x masticore
1x Rith
1x Verdant Force
1x Derranged Hermit
1x Monkey
1x Cloudchaser Eagle
4x Birds of Paradise

4x Eladamri's Call
3x StP
1x Nev's Disk (2 is i guess over kill in this deck)
2x Seal of Claensing
1x Parallax Wave
2x Worship
2x Sterling grove
3x OPEN SPOT! I NEED HELP!

3x Treetop Village
3x Wasteland
2x Kor Haven
4x Gemstone Mine
4x Savannah
6x OPEN SPOT! I NEED HELP!

As you can tell im in a rut for ideas. Right now I have 3 Fire/ice, 3 taiga and 3 plateau taking up the spots. Morphling...? Wall of roots?

HELP!!!T.J.:p

P

Pyro Monkey

Hey TJ i did kick your butt once out of a single 2 out of 3 game! but i gotta find some black enchantment removal otherwise i'm screwed....but i did like how the deck worked, although elvish piper is dumb...really dumb, but what can i say? it beats me instantly by laying a worship, i have no direct creature removal either....

and i made way more cash than you did that night so i don't mind losing to your deck!

T

Turtlewax Joe

but you couldn't have made $45 off the crap I was selling