Apocalypse Opposing Dual Lands

N

NeuroDeus

Going on is a pretty succulent rumor about another set of duals in Apocalypse this time with opposing colors (R/W etc.) The set is also based on cards having opposing colors just like Gerrard (R/W)... That would be great!

R

rakso

Would be great!

I'd just caution that when Tempest came out with opposing painlands, they had to come into play tapped, and this is actually such a big drawback that it still makes the Invasion duals suck compared to the original Ice Age painlands.

C

Cateran Emperor

I've heard they're doing the new dual lands any one of a number of ways. I'll just use U/R as an example color set.

#1: Split Lands
Land W/ Land X
When ~ comes into play, choose W or X. ~ counts as that card.
X: Add R to your mana pool.
Y: Add U to your mana pool.

Problem - A rules nightmare, cheating like that is way too easy ('Oh no, I chose X when it came into play, not Y')

#2: Bounce Lands
Land Y
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
T: Add R to your mana pool, return Land Z to owner's hand.
T: Add U to your mana pool, return Land Z to owner's hand.

Problem - Nothing major, just wacky stuff could happen with Fastbond...

#3: Search Lands
Land Z
T, sacrifice Land Z: Search your library for a Mountain or Island card and put that card into play (un?)tapped. Then shuffle your library.

Problem - Better than allied search lands from Mirage.

C

Cateran Emperor

Got it! After extensive searching, I've located the following card:

Flooded Rainforest
Land
When Flooded Rainforest comes into play, choose blue or green.
Tap: Add one mana of the chosen color to your mana pool.

Source is sketchy, but this is a perfectly logical version. Additionally:

Terminal Rainbow (?)
Land
At end of any turn, sacrifice ~ if it is untapped.
T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

H

Hetemti

I ain't removing my Plateaus...but I still want four...whatever the R/W will be.

P

Purple_jester

I wonder which ones will actaully get played. I'll be grabbing 4 of the U/R and U/G lands myself. I thought initially that they would be just like the Invasion Duals but would cost you 2 life to put into play.

C

Cateran Emperor

First Necro's gone, then no Ritual back, and now my source on these has stated that they made them up. I knew I shouldn't have trusted a new source here...