Anyone else currently working on their Masters Degree?

Killer Joe

Earlier this summer I completed four more classes towards my masters degree in Music Education, OY! Is anyone else putting themselves through this kind of hell?

K

krichaiushii

I'm waiting till after my military service is up, then I intend to work on my Masters in English -- ideally to become a college professor. We shall see...

Killer Joe

Hey, I was in the Army. My mos was 02Juliet (Clarinet player). I did my basic at Ft. MacClellan in Alabama and my AIT at the naval amphibious base in Virginia Beach. I was stationed at Fort Ord in Monterey Bay California (1987-1990). It was thee best gig to ever have, we had a commander (Warrant Officer 3-It's a band thing) who hated working on Fridays and Mondays so most of the time we had four day weekends. Then, we got some hard charger WO1 with something to prove, he made us do PT with the grunts (no offense I hope) but they would "Boo!" us off the roads cause we were too slow. Really. So the post commander restricted our band to doing pt on our own, what an embarrassment. I did the whole GI Bill and the Army College Fund thing (BTW, If any of you want $$$$$ to go to college, join the Army for 3 years, it's the best deal in town).
Where are you stationed?
"Hoo-Rah"
Seventh Infantry Division Light!
(no longer there)

D

Duel

I think you have to be in college to work on your masters degree. otherwise, rest assured, I would be.

Z

Zadok001

Hey, Duel, you sure you would be? :) Or just slacking off and acing the tests like you usually do?

A

Almindhra

Anyone going to college for a bachelors?

I'm going to be taking Comp Science...Which, I really have no idea about...But I haven't declared it yet...I've never taken comp programming courses in high school because those darn music classes plaguing my day...Yes, everyone was counting on me to go into music and theatre...but I want money when I get older...And I figure, I can do shows on the side, like I'm doing now with school

M

Mr_Pestilence

Nah. I did one quarter of grad school and realized I'd rather be the fry chef at McD's than pursue my English degree any further. So, a couple of years later I went to tech school and became a computer geek - better money, shorter time, easier to find a job, and no more snooty professors.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not currently getting a Masters (and probably never will unless my company pays for it) but my wife is getting her Masters in Teaching. I have to help type the papers :(.