Anyone attempting to break Karona yet?

D

Dune Echo

The only thing I've seen is a multi-card combo.

Buried Alive for:
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Rorix Bladewing/Spirit of the Night
Karona, False God

Cast Living Death or Patriarch's Bidding (Legends).

Anyone else come up with anything wittier?

D

Dune Echo

Originally posted by Spiderman
What's the goal, to kill your opponent in one attack so they don't get to use Karona?
Or a consistent way to lock them out of using her. Propaganda would be a start. Repeated bounce with easy way to cast her. However, with that last thought, why not just use Phage? Hrm...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"easy way to cast her" But Karona lends herself more easily to being put into play aside from casting her, whereas with Phage you have to cast her.

Maybe Aether Storm to help prevent your opponent from getting an army behind her? Smoke? Along the Propaganda lines, Windborn Muse (I think that's the white one)? Use regenerating stoning creatures like Basilisk to block her? Safe Haven/phasing so your opponent can't get her?

T

train

The most efficient way to use her is black deck Dune Echo skimmed on... Would be a revival deck with hasted creatures - Anger in the gy, or something else...

Other ideas - except Sneak Attack(which can take longer to set-up) just aren't as fast...

Elves are the other fast mana deck, but you need all colors to play her... easily done - now just get all the cards on the table to do it...

M

Mikeymike

I like her teamed up with Blinding Angel.

But something as simple as an Icy will work, since she only gives the bonus if she attacks.

D

Dune Echo

Originally posted by Mikeymike
I like her teamed up with Blinding Angel.
Excellent idea! I saw someone else mention Teferi's Veil.

N

Nightstalkers

She's already got haste...

How about use her in a Blue deck w/ quicksilver amulet and tradewind rider?

throw her out during your turn, attack, bring her back using the rider...

or if you want to get sneaky bring her out at the end of an opponents turn so that the amulet is untapped :D

T

Troll

How about just put a Spirit Link, Soul Link, or even better Armidillo Cloak? :D

N

Nightstalkers

good idea, but your opponents are always going to think the same way. Its always safer to try a green bounce deck... hey, it could happen

T

train

She's already got haste
I know... but for the other creatures to have haste in the animator deck is the key... (or else she pretty much attacks alone...)

N

Nightstalkers

I'm just concerned about opponents using her to attack as well...

If you have two eggs, and add a rabbits egg, how many eggs do you have?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, so you need ways to neutralize it. Just like Winter Orb's supposed to affect everyone but of course you build your deck to get around it... :)

T

train

Maybe play her in a bounce deck?...

Or use a Maze of Ith...

"Wall of souls and mogg maniac would teach her!..."

M

Mikeymike

She can be absolutely devastating in a Recur-Survival, but then again what isn't? :D.

Just the thought of setting up the GY with Angers and maybe wonders, and creating a nasty cycle with her and Symbiotic Wurm....ugh, makes my mouth water.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Spirit Link would take off a lot of the bite, anyway. It's cheap too, but that only matters when you're casting her -- otherwise you're reanimating, in which case just reanimate something else. and when you cast her then other people are likely to have creatures that can deal with the drawback Spirit Link gives her. So Spirit Link is not so good, esp. in multi.