Any ideas?

N

nodnarb24

I just got 3 serra sanctums and i was wondering if anyone had any deck ideas that surround around these in some way.

K

K1

I have a white/green enchantress deck that uses them as a large mana producer for casting lots of stuff once the card drawing engine kicks in.

However, I find that they're not really critical to the deck, and cradles are more useful for that purpose.

As for basing something around them... theres two things I would consider. How fast do you want them to become effective, and what would you use the mana on.

Green has lots of nice low cost enchantments that boost what it can produce, but if your going green, there's plenty of ways to generate mana anyways, mana elves, cradle, wild growth etc etc. and the sanctum's usefulness is diminished.

Red doesnt have many cheap worthwhile enchantments I can think of, but it does have the x burn, which you could use as a finisher, using white enchantments which tend to be defensive in nature to hold on until you can pull of a massive burn.

Not really sure what kind of x abilities blue and black have. It can provide a small amount of acceleration for blue, but I'm not sure if it would be enough to be worthwhile. I guess it could also work sort of like the cradle in a rebel deck, but..

Bottom line, it really depends on what you want to do. I think its a card that will help in certain cirumstances; throw it in any deck heavy with cheap enchantments to provide acceleration for the bigger threats. But its kinda weird to build a deck around a land that serves only to produce mana.

Just my $.02,
K1

N

nodnarb24

I was thinking about making a green and white deck using earthcrafts, sacred mesas, and the sanctums but the only cards that i have are the sanctums but i could do without the earthcrafts because i can get the mesas pretty easy and have a lot of enchantments in the deck and some good cheap creatures for early defense.