Another Quirky Conundrum

N

Nightstalkers

So I was thinking to myself, "these P9 proxies look pretty crappy" so I decided to go take a search on Ebay and found a nice set of proxies drawn on lands. Okay okay, so now you think I'm either crazy or stupid... Well I am crazy so I started down that track and looked at all the foil basic lands I have and decided that I should try the same thing.

What I propose to do is when my new deck components come in I'll revamp my mox proxies by drawing the gem out on the card and everything, attempting to reproduce the artwork; crazy idea, huh? Well, that's a nice copy job and all, so I am going to try to edit the basic design of the proxy I'm copying by allowing the stone in the center of the mox pendant to kinda shine with the background of the foil card.

So, what do you think?

And what kind of crazy proxies have you guys come up with?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The proxies I do are merely some random common with another card name written on the picture with a sharpie. Nothing too glamorous.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

It sounds like quite the project.. will you post scans when you are done?

(I don't use proxies.. ever)

N

Nightstalkers

Well I recently was in a T1 10 proxy tournament and thought it was an interesting idea for the deck I was attempting to run.

And WotC can snub it. It's like with Rolex, it's my d*** watch, I can do whatever I want with it. If I wanna take a card and sharpie it, I'll do it.

I'm thinking about my choice in markers... Should I use a metallic shiny colored marker like some of the artists sign in, or should i Just go with a normal sharpie of the appropriate color?

Okay, I have everything but the Plains and the Forest. I'm having trouble deciding between using a swamp from Ravnica (#296) and Mirrodin (#298)

Attachments

N

Nightstalkers

lol, I suck at artwork, but I like to have something fancy. The deck these are going into gets a leather deckbox as well.