Ankh-Tide

F

Fire Slinger

Greetings fellow Magicians.

Check out this deck. I'm going from memory right. (I have some spare time in my computer class)

Ankh-Tide
(Beat-You-Down-In-Nasty-Way.deq)

Artifacts
4 Ankh of Mishra
Blue Spells
3 Metathran Zombie(sp??)
2 Counterspells
2 Rethink
4 Parralax Tide
Black Spells
4 Vampric Tutors
2 Rhystic Tutors
Gold Spells
3 Undermine
Lands
10 Islands
6 Swamps
2 Salt Marsh
4 Underground River

That's all I can remember. I'll post the rest later.

Tell me what you think!

P

Purple_jester

I have an Ankh-Tide, too. Lesee...

Need bounce. Bounce good. Bounce return Tide to hand at end of opponent's turn. Cause mucho damage. Then cast Tide again during your turn. Give opponent aneurism. :D

Also, if the combo works, there's no need for the Metathran Zombies. Besides if you're going to use regenerators, use Chilling Apparition. However, it's usually a good idea to include 2 to 4 creatures to provide emergency beatdown, in case your opponent does something nasty like putting only 2 lands in play and running on creature/artifact mana. I fought a W/G opponent who did just that to me, with all his Elves, Birds and Trellises. If it weren't for my Wash Outs and Air Elementals, I'd have lost that fight.

Oh, yes. One more thing. Don't use Rethink when you can use 4 Counterspells instead. ;)

G

Gizmo

4x Ankh
4x Tide
4x Recoil
4x V.Tutor
2x Prohibit
4x Counterspell
4x Wash out
4x Tangle Wire
4x Indentured Djinn
4x Undermine

4x Saprazzan Skerry
4x Underground River
6x Swamp
8x Island

?
First time I`ve ever looked at Ankh/Tide really.
?

F

Fire Slinger

ok here is the actual deck

Artifacts
4 Ankh of Mishra
4 Tangle Wire
2 Meekstone

Blue Spells
4 Parallax Tide
2 Counterspells
2 Rethink
2 Overburden
4 Hoodwink
2 Boomerang

Black Spells
4 Vampiric Tutor
2 Rhystic Tutor

Gold Spells
3 Undermine

Blue Creatures
3 Metathran Zombie

Lands
9 Island
7 Swamp
4 Underground River
2 Salt Marsh

PJ: I forgot the bounce while in class. Thanks for reminding me. I've beening deciding whether to use the Zombie or Neither Spirits (have 3), but I'm not big on the double black cc. Maybe I could try the apparitions.

In this version of the deck, I'm only running 2 Counterspells b/c in the orig version I had 4 and was always having a problem with the double blue casting cost. I haven't been able to play test this version yet, but I'll let everybody know how it goes.