Angry Hermit

T

Turtlewax Joe

This is the first extended deck I ever played. Back then it was T II legal and shortly after rotated out.:( So I have decided to make a triumphant return to extended(possibly the best format ever)with this deck. I am playing my original version. but since it is extended, I need room to add 2-4 Cursed Scroll, and since Invasion came out...I thought maybe a Restock or two and maybe Ghitu Fire instead of Arc Lightning. And to make the Ghitu Fire freakn' huge maybe a couple of Grim Monoliths? Anywho...the deck.

Angry Hermit

4x Deranged Hermit
3x Skyshroud Poacher
4x Avalanche Rider
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Llanowar Elf
3x Yavimaya Elder
2x Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary

3x Mastcore

4x Plow Under
4x Arc Lightning

4x Rishadan Port
2x Gaea's Cradle
2x Treetop Village
4x Karplusian Forest
2x Mountain
11x Forest

Thanx, and enjoy the deck I know I have and as soon as I get the money for the cards i will again!

T.J.

R

r00tg04t

Where is the Stone Rain? and the reason Arc Lightning is a better choice then Ghitu Fire, is because for 3 mana it can take out your oponents mana devlopment or wreck wheenie decks, first 3 turns etc.. it is an amazing card, i would say keep 4 lightning, and yeah scroll would be a good idea. if you are looking for some big finisher card try using kaverk's torch (however you spell it) it's much better then the fire :eek:

T

Turtlewax Joe

I tried to fit the Stone Rains in but what can I take out? Should I use Monoliths? What should take out for Scrolls??

T.J.:confused:

C

Captain Caveman

Something you might try: (random suggestions)

Fire/Ice instead of Arc. Its an instant and you can still split the
damage. Its 1 less but being an instant might make it better.

R

r00tg04t

Well, Fire/Ice is a good card at instant speed, Arc Lightning is better for this deck, it is not to worried about 3 mana, as it builds up 8 or so mana in the first 4 turns,

4x Deranged Hermit
4x Avalanche Rider
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Llanowar Elf
2x Yavimaya Elder
2x Priest of Titania

2x Mastcore
2x Cursed Scroll

4x Plow Under
4x Arc Lightning
4 Stone Rain

4x Rishadan Port
2x Gaea's Cradle
1x Treetop Village
4x Taiga
4x Karpulsan Forest
2x Mountain
7x Forest

That's what i came up with in like 5 minutes heh tried to keep it close to what you had, you might want to take out something else like a Elder for another priest, anyways if you're just playing for fun try putting in some Umbilicus, it combos great with the Derranged Hermit, and no echo that way, ;) anyways hope you like the deck

T

Turtlewax Joe

I have to have Rofellos. so out go the PoT's(that's funny;) )
and in thear place the Rofellos go back in. If I want more Mana eceleration what would I do??

T

Turtlewax Joe

nt this to be the fastest mofo around! And i must have Skyshroud Poacher moron!

T.J.

D

Duel

I think rootgoat has the right idea. We're working on a deck that's developed as the single most fun aggro-control deck to play, but you don't want to spend mana using skyshroud poachers that should be used whacking stuff with 'core or plowing. More importantly, once you have the 4 mana for the poacher, chances are that elves are not what you want in your hand.

Rofellos are worse mana acceleration than priests. Llanowars elders and hermits mean that priests are damn good, and nonbasics, which you have, hurt rofellos. Use priests for faster mana. Wall of blossoms might be fun, as might Multani's Acolytes, just because they draw you cards. Blossoms also forces your opponent to lay down a threat, or a lot of weenies. Either way you're good.

fire/ice I like better in this deck, if only because it's an instant, and the BOP's let you cast the ice side, if you need to. Rages may also be good.

T

Turtlewax Joe

Spidey-my bad

Monoliths+Ghitu fire= Death.

Attack for a couple of turns and the wuppass!! They're gone! ;)
This is very fun, I have discovered! :p

I'll post a list later!

T.J.

:rolleyes: :eek: :confused: