Angels Trumpet, Propaganda, and War Tax combo.

D

Darkstar

I was experimenting with a new deck, and decided to try and use these cards together. They work great! The perfect lock down deck! The trumpet pings damage at them, the propaganda prevents attackers, and the War tax eats away at their mana source if they do attack! I found, playing this deck (blue n red, blue for the combo, and counter spell, red for direct damage, and early game creatures), it works wonders against just about any deck. I played against and won a speed black, a fires, replenish, weenie horde (elves), and a spirit monger deck w/volvers deck. he only thing it had trouble with, was pillage. It ate me up early in the game, and destroyed my enchantments too quickly. Its still just an idea, but I think with enough tinkering, and engineering, this could become a regular deck in the circut! I suggest, or entice you to try it out. Its cheap, n easy. Just throw the combo in. Some direct damage, haste creatures, and countering agents.. Waalaa youve got urself a new deck.

K

krichaiushii

I don't know about the tourney circuit, but for casual games, what nontapping creatures do red and blue have? Those might work with Angel's Trumpet. Failing those colors, make it W/U/r, or even W/u/r to take advantage of white's non-tappers and Enlightened Tutor while still being able to cast Propaganda and War Tax.

And if I am correct, Angel's Trumpet taps creatures not attacking. As such, Theft of Dreams (see my separate post farther down in this forum for details) might be of good use here.

Just a thought.

D

Darkstar

Im gonna work on it a bit more. Ive kinda torn it apart building my blast-o-geddon deck!

M

Mikeymike

You could also run the great and all powerful Varchild's War-Riders so they gain more creatures they can't attack with. Plus he is early game fat which will help out some.

M

Mikeymike

Dude, I just went to see Carlin last Weds. night! He was freakin comedy. I'd have to say my favorite was the '3 Commandments' skit, lot of truth in it.

C

Chaos Turtle

Originally posted by Mikeymike
Dude, I just went to see Carlin last Weds. night! He was freakin comedy. I'd have to say my favorite was the '3 Commandments' skit, lot of truth in it.
I envy you.

I guess I'll have to wait for the CD or HBO special. :p

I

Istanbul

*brandishes his autographed copy of the Goerge Carlin book, autographed by the man in person*

George Carlin is ghod. Accept no substitutes.

C

Chaos Turtle

Okay, fine. I envy you too. :p

Actually, the Sun is god... and Joe Pesci is the Saviour.
In case you hadn't heard.

R

rkoelsch

CT Carlin has a special on HBO running this month. I caught it a couple of times. It was good. I like his older stuff better but the three commandants is very good.