An old-fashioned casual deck I made.

Y

Yamo

This is a very old-fashioned control deck I threw together. I really only like the older cards (Alliances and earler) so if you choose to critique it, please don't suggest any post-Alliances additions or replacements.

1 Ivory Tower
1 Jayemdae Tome
1 Sol Ring
1 Zuran Orb
2 Disrupting Scepter
1 Fireball
1 Regrowth
1 Mind Twist
1 Demonic Tutor
2 Serra Angel
2 Moat
2 Wrath of God
3 Disenchant
3 Swords to Plowshares
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Braingeyser
1 Recall
1 Timetwister
2 Force of Will
4 Counterspell
4 Mana Drain
1 Library of Alexandria
1 Plateau
1 Strip Mine
1 Tropical Island
2 Underground Sea
4 City of Brass
4 Tundra
5 Plains
5 Island

S

superguy

Is it just me, or does this deck "slightly" resemble "The Deck"? I am not much of a type 1 expert, so I'll just be quiet now... Maybe Kjeldoran Outpost?

Y

Yamo

"Is it just me, or does this deck "slightly" resemble "The Deck"? I am not much of a type 1 expert, so I'll just be quiet now... Maybe Kjeldoran Outpost?"

More than slightly. It was modeled on it. Except I don't own any Moxes.

H

HumanError

I may be out of line here but...

Exactly what's casual about a copy of "The Deck?" The original was obscene (I've had the misfortune of playing against it)...there's no fun involved and the only thing casual about your deck is how it'll take its sweet time butchering some other hapless deck.

Y

Yamo

"Exactly what's casual about a copy of 'The Deck?'"

I was under the impression that anything not tournament worthy counted as "casual." Exactly how viable do you think this deck would be at a modern T1 tournament?

H

HumanError

Looks moderately viable to me...only really missing the jewelry.

E

Ephrils

Looks ok to me. All I can suggest is Channel. It's no longer banned in Type 1.

R

rakso

I doubt it's a question of what to put in, but what you may be up against now.

Moat is less powerful than Abyss in some cases, and Disrupting Scepter isn't the power card it used to be.

And so on.

The only cards you might consider is Merchant Scroll from Homelands and Sylvan Library from Legends.

Otherwise, the restriction on the old cards only hurts you a lot. Not including Yawgmoth's Will alone is a significant drawback. Not including Fact or Fiction takes away a lot of the consistency of the deck and forces you to run multiple Wrath, Swords and Disenchant removal effects.