Land (23)
4 Karplusan Forest
4 Port
7 Mountain
6 Forest

How does that look Dune?

D

Duel

This is not sligh. It is a perfectly wonderful g/r beats deck. It is not sligh, in any way, shape, or form. It's not even deadguy red. sorry.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Can you expand on why you think it's not Sligh?

Dune Echo started a discussion in the Magic Issues forum about Type 2 Sligh...

D

DÛke

...but I could see why one may not consider this as sligh. I, myself, that sligh was mono Red. I didn't you could add Green to it. So, can we make a Suicide deck with Blue or White in it?

M

Mikeymike

"A Rose by any other..." yadda yadda yadda.

Sligh, beatdown, whatever. You still have a solid, fast little deck there that's going to win some games.
I think the name Sligh came from its originator, John Sligh I believe, and was straight red with little aggressive creatures and good burn.

I question the use of the Branded Brawlers in here. You can't beat their P/T ratio to their Casting Cost, but besides Port, what way to you have to ensure they can attack? Similar to Flailing Soldier, you'll probably get one good attack before your opponent pumps them dead. Both work best in land destruction decks where you can out-mana them AND tap their lands.

2nd thing, replace the Silt Crawler with Trained Armadon (6th, Tempest). 1GG, 3/3 no drawback.

I would replace the Brawlers with Elvish Archers or Chimeric Idols (which work w/ the Snapper and are resistant to mass destruction) and the Soldier with Llanowars. I know they aren't great 1-drop, but there aren't that many in Type 2 right now, plus mana acceleration is NEVER bad. Yavimaya Barbarians aren't that bad either.

Also, more pump spells might be better too. I would cut 1 Hurricane and 1 Crawler/Armadon for 2 Wild Mights, Seal of Strength or Invigorate.

Hope this helps, good luck with the deck! (and tell us how the brawlers and soldiers have been working out)

Z

Zero

1cc Slot (10)
4 Kris Mage
3 Thunderscape Apprentice
3 Scarred Puma

2cc Slot (8)
4 Quirion Sentinel
4 Vintara Snapper

3cc (4)
4 Silt Crawler

4cc (2)
2 Shizzik

Pump/Burn (10)
4 Seal of Fire
4 Giant Growth
2 Scorched Lava

Hurricane (2)
2 Hurricane

Well...n/m about it being sligh then!

1cc: I think some Llnowar elves should go in, but I dont want to overbalance it in greens favor (The 1cc spot, that is)

2cc: Well, I like the Sentinel, but would the barbarian be better? Vintara Snapper is cool, and I want to keep it there. What do ya'll think!? 2cc spot confuses me!

3cc;
I might go with either Trained Armadon or the idol, I just like the Snapper because of its mono G in its casting cost, unlike the armadon. But perhaps the Idol beats them both out? It works well with the Vintara...

4cc:
:)

Pump/Burn: I think its missing something, should I change the burn part too
4 Scorching Lava
2 Shock
What do ya'll think of that?

Oh, apon reflection, I have some extra slots, should I add more burn? More creatures? Or more pump?

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR REPLYING! YOU SHALL BE REPAID;)!

D

Duel

Scorching lava (Maybe 2 maindeck) is mostly sideboard. what about the rage?