Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...in a dumpster.

• Wait... What's Aluren?

• Total voters
T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

This is one of my favorite cards, and a very unique one at that. It is one of the few cards I know that can combine both a combo aspect and a beatdown aspect. Of course, green Stompy type decks using Aluren in them had better use Recycle, or run out of cards.

F

fuzzy510

Aluren is one of my favorite cards. There's nothing like the look on your opponent's face when you empty your hand of cheap creatures.

G

Gerode

Someone in my play group has a very cheesy infinite combo based on Aluren, so I can't say I like it too much... ;)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I think my group deals with the same problem that you have by realizing that my Aluren deck sucks. :D I still like it though. I only went off once (against fuzzy, by the way; he was playing Fish), when I used two Cloud of Fairies, Equilibrium, and Aluren to generate 170002 green mana, then I cast a 170000-point Krakilin.

I once also let fuzzy use a deck of mine that had Alurens and Recycles aplenty, then the rest creatures and lands. He played everything in his deck one turn (I even let him play excess lands for no reason) and decked himself (this is in STOMPY) when he had one card left, played Multani's Acolyte, and drew one card from the CIP ability and one from Recycle.

Despite the Aluren-Recycle combo being somewhat slow, it would work well in Stompy (although not alongside those Blastoderms...)

Wizard Mentor can be the unsung hero of this decktype, in case you don't get an Equilibrium (remember:
Tutors are a crutch to a weak deck.
-Gizmo
almost exact :D).

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by fuzzy510
Aluren is one of my favorite cards. There's nothing like the look on your opponent's face when you empty your hand of cheap creatures....
... especially when they don't realize that they can use it themselves. :) (You knew that, right?)

X

xreemer

I'd say this has to be The Best place for aluren. There are no slivers but the queen that cost more than three and each sliver gains off of every sliver you play. There is no better moment than when someone attacks you with a 8/8 avatar of might and you drop two muscle and one taloned sliver instantly to block. After someone has seen you do this, no one will attack you if you have any cards in your hand.

I won't mention that they help get around the problems with colors.

G

Gerode

My friend's deck uses Aluren and a Fervor/Fires to cast a free and hasted Wizard Mentor and Ghitu Slinger/mana critter, which are returned to hand and recast ad infinitum.

Usually I'm the player with the cheesy infinite combos. He's stepping into my territory :D

L

lilpinhead

my dang father uses his cheese like deck with alluren and enduring renewal...he gets out those two and bottle gnomes...i usually end up just conceding once he gets it out....i mean..like i can ever deal that much damage....

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Too bad you can't even Splinter/Eradicate the gnomes...

Well, so much the better for Aluren.:D

M

Mr_Pestilence

I like Aluren in my Sliver deck, combined w/ Recycle. Does that count as a combo? Probably. Anyway, I still pull out my ol' Sliver deck just for kicks.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I agree with Mr. Pestilence. I only played Aluren in my Sliver deck, which is M.I.A.(Due to my butt-monkey friends throwing my backpack out of my moving car.)

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Mr_Pestilence

I guess it's a good thing butt-monkeys are out in 7th...

M

mpgsheep

i tend to use aluren, pandemonium and a gater like horned kavu and the do everyone 9 billion damage..each
then people got annoyed :-(

M

MrXarvox

Aluren is broken. Broken broken broken.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-roken.

Broken like a trod-on, mostly-burnt twig.

Broken. Broken. Broken.

If it didn't have such hilarious flavor text I'd burn it.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

MrXarvox:Thank you for your service to humanity.

F

fuzzy510

Xarvox is 100% correct, because Aluren IS broken, and the only reason it still exists is the fact that it has good flavor text.