ALERT!

Z

Zadok001

Warning: Avoid the person on ICQ with the screenname 'The Rock.' She/he is a hacker. Do _not_ contact him/her in any way. If she/he messages you, do not respond under ANY circustances. His/her user information includes a birth year of 1900, and interests include Cars of numerous varieties. AVOID!!!!

(My 'puter is fine. Namielus is not so fine. He'll be back up and running in a few days.)

C

Cerberus

Did this pesrson hack you in any way what happened
(did you get my message Zadok)

N

nanokill

he hacked in through his ip or something and screwed him over. then he tried to get zadok's computer.

i know iwas icq chatting with them when it happened

[Edited by nanokill on September 10th, 2000 at 04:12 AM]

P

Purple_jester

People can get damned unscrupulous these days. Did the hacker wreck Namielus's computer? Or did he just screw the files over?

Not that I'm worried. I don't do ICQ and I don't chat. ;)

D

Darsh

Thanks for the warning Zadok. Why can't people just have fun and not try to wreak things? I sure hope Namielus 'puter is okay.:(

N

Namielus

Its fine*, the think that now really messed up is that mental percecption of talking to people on icq. I fell for a stupid trick that I shouldn't of, this person 'the rock' told me they were 17 and there dad was looking for a virus scan program to buy, I tell her I don't use one so I can't recommend a program (really really bad mistake) this mean that the hacker knows that I don't have any way of figuring out if files she gives me have virusi on them. The she sends me a picture but it isn't a picture its an executible, DON'T OPEN ANYTHING THAT SOMEONE SENDS YOU THAT COULD DO THINGS YOU DON'T WANT! THIS INCLUDES .VBS AND .EXE.
Then I try it and it doesn't work, no duh, this file mostlikey sent a becon of my IP address to this persons computer, making my computer easier to hack.

Oh I feel really dumb cause most everything she (or he) said was very to good to be true.

*by fine I mean that I don't really know and this hacker has my IP address which isn't changing (thats for zadok, be very sure that you IP has changed)

U

Ura

Actually, standard rules of net security say you should NEVER even accept .VBS or .EXE files from anyone unless its somebody you trust explicitly or its downloaded from a licenced or at least well known website, such as tucows.com.
And if you get one in your e-mail, don't open it unless you know what it is or its from someone you know.
Otherwise you just have to be careful. Picture files are almost always .bmp .jpg or .gif just for future reference so warez-puppies can't send you crap files like that again.

and if anyone asks, you have 3 fire walls, 2 proxy servers, 3 different virus protection programs, and an ip tracer.
That deters most hacker by itself. :D

Cheers!

C

Cerberus

Namielus I am telling you right now that I will not open any thing for you Zadok may have but I will not

F

Fire Slinger

Thanks for the warning.
I just downloaded icq a few days ago and am still new to it.

Sorry about what happen.

D

Duel

Well, stuff happens. Usually to me. Glad it got YOU this time, though...