Ageless Entity!

H

Homestar

Don't mean to spam but after just coming back i gotta get a deck going somehow and i saw Agless Entity in my binder the other day, and I got 4 of them and i just think its a pretty cool card so i wanan build a deck 'round it =P. Again, ive got a couple ideas but nothing to stable so i need some help =P. Thanks in advance!

L

Limited

Armadillo Cloak! This becomes nasty very fast.

(and you could add Well of Lost Dreams)

H

Homestar

Yeah that Armadillo Cloak seems like it would just destroy in this deck. Sadly, I have none =( =).

L

Limited

Spirit Link will do just fine.. or Hero's Reunion.
Renewed Faith?

Noble Purpose?

H

Homestar

nope nope nope and nope =D

I guess i dont really have the right cards to make this deck.

H

Homestar

HEALING SALVE FTW!!!!! lol i got that =D

But, seriously, I'm gonna throw a few differant decks together like this and test in on Magic Workstation and if its good enough ill buy all the cards for it so just suggest anything ya got =P

D

DarthFerret

Seriously, this is one of my newest favorites. The Watchwolf from Ravnica. It is a 3/3 for GW. Good for a third turn 6/6 with Giant Growth, or a 7/7 with the new Dissension card availible in a few weeks. Armadillo Cloak on him would be awesome as a backup plan too! hmm.... Third turn, Aramdillo Cloak targeting Watchwolf. That could be interesting!

T

train

run it with doubling season...

Mono green will do it all - gain life, tokens, etc... you could even use spikes to come in with tons of counters, gain life from them, and boost ageless...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Homestar, can you really not find any Spirit Links? It's been reprinted in every core set since 4th edition. It should be easy to get a playset of them and they're great cards anyway--especially with Ageless Entity.

H

Homestar

Lol well i could get some if i wanted, I just dont have any on me =P.

But, Oversoul, you maintain your position of genius. Doubling season is PERFECT!

J

jorael

If you run Doubling Season and Ageless Entity then please include Spike Feeder! :)

T

TheUglyKnight

I read this thread earlier and put in my two cents. I kept thinking about it and Really really liked it. I'd never really noticed ageless entity even though the card is really right up my alley. I'd Link all these cards but I don't know how so live with it gimped. This is theoretical as I no longer have much of a cardbase to build from, but I like the way it looks.

//Creatures
4 Soul Warden
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 Descendant of Kiyamaro
4 Loxodon Hierarch
3 Ageless Entity

// Spells
3 Armadillo Cloak
3 Loxodon Warhammer
3 Words of Worship
4 Well of Lost Dreams
3 Renewed Faith

//lands
4 Brushlands
11 Plains
10 Forests

Anything else. I thought about adding STP but even if I still had them I feel kinda dirty playing them, they make a lot of sense in this deck though. I suppose I could cut the renewed faith and a hammer for Faith's Fetters. Also I feel its solid in two colors right now but theres a lot adding a third color can do. Red offers Searing Meditation lightning helix, energy bolt. Blue offers Absorb, Overrule and the IMO very awesome Azorius Herald. Black offers all of the zero-sum cards: Soulburn, Drainlife, Consume Spirit, Death Grasp and probably more than I can't think of off the top of my head. Oppinions?

T

train

Soul warden is a nice touch...

I'd run something with angelic Chorus... and doubling Season...

using rectors to speed up the process...

;)

J

Jareth, Goblin King

I'm new to this forum, but I do have two armadillo cloaks. Burn is more my thing, so Homestar, you are more than welcome to trade for them.

J

jorael

Welcome Jareth!

Have you ever played with the Armadillo Cloaks? In my experience it's best to play with cards before you trade them. Then you know for sure if you really want to trade them away and how much you'll mis the cards.

And you know what, Armadillo Cloak is a very good card! Even if burn is your thing, it might be nice to switch deck types from time to time. At least, that's what I like to do :)

D

DarthFerret

I have an FNM armadillo cloak! Not trading .... just wanted to say I had it...<snicker>

H

Homestar

Alrighty looks like this deck is coming along nicely =D. I really like TheUglyKnights decklist with a couple other things we have suggested in it.

Another thing i was thinking was playing 2 Generals Kabuto to make sure my Entitiy doesnt get trashed or anything right away or something.