Advice for those making a thread here

L

Landkiller

Hmm...
Basically.

Post both what you want and what you have.

First. No body cares what you want.

Second. If somebody cares what you have, the next thing their gonna say is, "What do you want?" so you might as well put that too.

Third. Don't advertise your Fallen Empires Icatian Skirmishers because no one gives a ****. :)

L

Landkiller

Another Public Service Announcement from Landkiller.

This may act to my detriment, but, hey, we're all friends here.

My Advice :
Don't tell people

I want Card X SOSOSOSOSOSO Much!!

Even if you do.

You are compromising any bargaining position you may have.

Do, this if you want. But, when people know how much you want something they may be willing to take advantage of you.

<Landkiller traded a $45 worth of cards for a $15 card, because of violating this rule>

I Had to Have the $15 card. My friend knew it. He demanded so much it wasn't funny, and I gave it over. Oh, well. Just trust me, what helps thirty times more than this is just haveing a small want list.

The way I trade in person : I look through the guys stuff, and tell him what I want. Usually 1-5 cards. I don't do large trades much. He goes through mine, and picks out thirty. I set 15 aside, and tell him he can have any X of the rest for his cards. That system works well for me, and I don't rip anyone off. Because they make the deal, and I agree to it, because, no matter what they pick, I trade nothing I like away. All because I don't ask for a lot at once. When you ask for too much, they start looking at your Moxes. Tell them to back off, unless they're gonna back that hand up with 4K.

<Doesn't have Moxes, or anything worth over $20.00.>
<Anymore:mad:

N

NeuroDeus

The next thing you will put up will be "Advice on Better Rippin'" :)

L

Landkiller

I didn't rip them off.

1. I used no sales pressure.

2. I put the deal in their hands, gave them license to rip me off so long as I don't trade away cards I like.

Or do you mean, I am giving people advice on how to get ripped off? By using my advice, people could get ripped off. Sure. But no more or less than before.

And hey, I advertised MY Icatian Skirmishers here. Go look. And trade your Foil Absorbs for them.

Please!! I'll be your bestest friend! J/K

L

Landkiller

Sorry If I've been annoying lately.

I've been in a preachy philosophical mood for a week or so.

It'll pass.

N

NeuroDeus

Landkiller you always remain a cool dude whatsoever. and...

MY COMMENT WAS A J-O-K-E