A truly casual casual card

I

Istanbul

Demetallicize (R)
Instant
Destroy all foil cards in play.
Sometimes, all wealth does is paint a big bullseye on your forehead.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Squander
2B
Instant

Destroy target permanent. It deals damage equal to its price in dollars (rounded up) to target creature or player.

I spent $225 on that whole deck and all I got in return was -$225.

Ferret

Staff member
Root of All Evil
BG1
Creature - Incarnation (common)
*/*

Root of All Evil has power and toughness equal to all rares in play...

-Ferret

"Take that, combo boy!"

J

Jigglypuff

How about this:

I Can't Think Of A Clever Name
Artifact
1: Remove all rare permanents controlled by target opponent from the game. Search that player's graveyard, hand, and library for all rare cards and remove them from the game. ICTOACN deals 3 damage to that player for each card removed in this way.

(- Steve -)

M

Mazzak

Mana Spectrograph 4
Artifact
No player may play any spell that is red, green, blue, black, white, or colorless unless they pay 4 extra for each spell.
Every time a point of mana is added to a player's mana pool, that player chooses a color other than red, green, blue, black, white, or colorless. That mana is now that color.

J

Jigglypuff

You can't ever cast spells with Mana Spectrograph in play. Not to mention that you can't choose a color other than white, blue, black, green, or red, but that's hardly the point. That's truly harsh.

(- Steve -)

M

Mazzak

it's casual. you don't have to follow all the silly little rules that say that you can't pick Purple for a color.

J

Jigglypuff

Mana Spectrograph is still rather harsh. Shuts down all non-artifact spells. And I would hardly call them all "silly little rules". But let's not go into that.

(- Steve -)

M

Mazzak

Full Spectrum *
Enchantment
Full Spectrum's casting cost is one mana of any color.
Any time a spell is cast, that spell's controller may choose any color or combination of colors other than red, green, blue, black, white or colorless. That spell becomes that color or combination of colors and all mana symbols on that card become that color or assortment of colors.

If there are only five colors in the spectrum, how come there's such a thing as ultraviolet?

J

Jigglypuff

Whatever. I'm going to step away before everyone starts bashing the rules.

(- Steve -)

M

Mazzak

I'm not bashing the rules, i'm just saying that they need not be followed to the letter in a game that's purely casual.

J

Jigglypuff

I must be the only one who feels that way then. Usually when this comes up I start attacking multiple times and start drawing multiple cards and laying multiple lands. Then I get really childish and immature about it. And Wizards wouldn't have gone to the trouble of creating that huge rulebook if they didn't want us to use it, right?

(- Steve -)
Boeing 757! And I still think that Mana Spectrograph is extremely harsh.

M

Mazzak

so you actually would get all pissy if i used a volrath's laboratory to create a purple robot token in a casual game totally outside any tournament situation?

My, how anal-retentive. :rolleyes:

J

Jigglypuff

Maybe. It depends on my current mood. Although you couldn't by any means in this case. With Mana Spectrograph and Full Spectrum, you could argue that the Golden Rule allows you to choose purple (which would make Full Spectrum extremely broken, but that's beside the point). But with the Lab, you just have to live with the fact that you can only choose white, blue, black, red, or green.

And yes, Mana Spectrograph is still rather harsh.

(- Steve -)

M

Mazzak

Ah Puff, you and your rules. Renowned for your grasp of them you are, but they have eaten away your sense of what truly constitutes casual play...

Z

Zero T Katama

Epilepsy Inducer 2U (R) (Always Foil)
Enchantment
If there are no foil lands, artifacts, or creatures in your deck, remove ~this~ from the deck
Tap target foil land, artifact, or creature you control: Untap target foil land, artifact, or creature. If your opponent goes into epilepsy this way, you win the game.