The deck that's NEVER late for dinner!

T

Turtlewax Joe

Some of you may call me cheap, some of you make call me unoriginal, but none of you can call me late for dinner;)!
This is the only deck I have enough money, as a broke teen, to build. I'm definently not complaining. I would play this deck anyways. It's especially good for local metagames where all these people are using net decks with out reading up on any of their stratedgy(some guy tried to Donate a Morphling to me). and people are expecting the same decks that are plated at GP's and PT's, so this deck is a veyr good deck to play localy. If you happen to build a strong enough version(see below) it maybe strong enough to compete on a larger scale(doughtful though, but atleast fun).

Here's a deck that's cheap to make, cheap to play, and fun in general. It is Extended Stompy...I haven't found a pet name for it yet, thinking of naming it after my cat but not sure yet.

Stompy

4x Rogue Elephant
4x Skyshroud Elite
4x Wild Dogs
4x Hidden Gibbons
4x Elvish Lyrist
4x Quirion Ranger
4x Vine Dryad

4x Rancor
4x Briar Shield
3x Bounty of the Hunt
4x Winter Orb

4x Land Grant
4x Elvish Spirit Guide
9x Forest

It's a good deck. I know you guys are wondering two things in particular:

Hidden Gibbons over River Boa. The Boa belongs in 10 Land Stompy, this happens to be 9 Land Stompy and Gibbons is simply better for the deck.

Not splitting the Lyrist mix. It really doesn't matter guys, not one bit, all the crap about plauge...retarded tech for the trash.

it has been debated for some time whether to run 9 lands or 10. me I probably could go as low as 7 or 8 but I'm still testing that, I might take out a land far a Scavenger Folk or some such thing.

It will win and if not fast enough, either scoop(nevaaa!), or hope to Top deck chumpers or Lyrists depending on your match.

It's good folks, and NEVER late to dinner.

T.J.:p

U

Urza(Yes I Like Men)

Hey matt sorry i was slow to respond to this one... i'm sure it makes a HUGE difference between 9 land and 10 land whether you play gibbons or not... it's a good card but sideboard it... it's kinda lame main deck. The problem with the deck is that it doesn't really beat much... control shouldn't have too much problems with it, pernicious deed kills it, and other aggro decks go faster then it, (s.a. Sligh, other Green beats), it's an interesting deck... i'm sure it'll beat someone.

T

Turtlewax Joe

ya....i know wut ya mean, at least it's fun. I did how ever have one problem with ur response: it is NOT slower than sligh....at least the new sligh. I've tested against it, but the burn that sligh pcks is hellatious.

T.J.:p