Sealed Deck

R

rkoelsch

We played sealed last night. I can't complain I got plenty of good cards. I think I had too many and I made some bad choices. I ended up playing U/B/R let me know what you think

White
Angelic Wall
Aven Flock
Beloved Chaplian
Earnest Fellowship
Kirtar's Desire
2-Mystic Visonary
Mystic Zealot
Ray of Distortion(foil)
Shelter
Spiritualize
Tireless Tribe

Blue
Aether Burst
Amugaba
Cephalid Looter
Cephalid Scout
Dematerialize
Dreamwinder
Immobilizing Ink
Rites of Refusal
Psionic Gift
2-Peek
Phantom Whelp
Puppeteer(foil)
Standstill
Syncopate

Black
Childhood Horror
Crypt Creeper
Decompose
Dirty Wererat
Execute
Filthy Cur
Ghastly Demise
Innocent Blood
2-Morgue Theft
Overeager Apprentice
2-Patriach's Desire
Zombie Assassin
Zombie Cannibal

Red
Anarchist
Barbarian Lunatic
Demolish
Engulfing Flames
Firebolt
Halberdier
Lava Blister
Reckless Charge
Rites of Initiation
Scorching Missile
Seize the Day
Tremble

Green
Cartographer
Druid Lyrist
Holistic Wisdom
Krosan Archer
Nantuko Elder
Primal Frenzy
Refresh
Roar of the Wurm
Simplify
Skyshooter
Springing Tiger
2-Werebear
Wild Mongrel
Woodland

Gold
Thaumatog
Vampiric Dragon

Artifact
2-Darkwater Egg

Land
Bog Wreckage
Ravaged highlands

I did get to make a special play though. I had an Amugaba in play
and I played Standstill. My opponent had 3 creatures in play. after playing nothing but land for a few turns, He started attacking me and saving the creaturre I blocked with hallowed healer. after getting me down to 6 life he was at 14. I cast ghastly demise on the halled healer, and he drew his 3 cards. I then attacked with Amugaba he took six. I cast seize the day and attacked again he had a card that prevented 4 and took 2 . I then cast seize the day from the graveyard to attack again killing him doing 18 points of damage before prevention.

But let me know what you think the build should have been.

N

Neil Rigby

I think the red looks quite weak on a whole with only 2 or 3 good cards and it isn't really playable just to get access to your vampiric dragon, the build I have gone for goes for fat green monsters with some black removal and blue forsome card drawing.

7 Island
5 Swamp
5 Forest
1 Bog Wreakage

BLUE
Aether Burst
Amugaba
Cephalid Looter
Cephalid Scout
Dreamwinder
2 Peek
Puppeteer
Syncopate
BLACK
Childhood Horror
Crypt Keeper
Dirty Wererat
Ghastly Demise
2 Patriarch's Desire
Zombie Assassin
GREEN
Krosan Archer
Refresh
Roar of the Wurm
Springing Tiger
2 Werebear
Wild Mongrel

The deck can draw spells quite nicely with Peek and Refresh, and the looter and scout make card quality better and bring threshold closer. The black has the best removal in patriarchs desire and ghastly demise, roar of the wurm is a bit of an unfair spell at the best of times but if you are busting out threshold werebears and springing tigers at the same time you opponent is going to be in a world of hurt.

R

rkoelsch

Yes I like your build better. I kind of felt I was really stretching it trying to fit both creatures. I also really overlooked Green. Thanks. Have to get beyong the "God that is a big creature I will play that" syndrome and look at what is good. I totally overlooked Patriach's desire as removal. Thanks