What do you think of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

arhar

I'm posting this because I'm interested in your opinions, not because I want to start trouble. If the mods feel this is inappropriate, then close it, I won't be offended.

Anyway, as some of you know, a well-known PT player posted on his site naked pictures of two of the most famous women of Magic, um, going at it with each other (Don't even ask me for names or the link.... the answer is no) Obviously, without their permission. He claims that since they were sending it to everybody they know, he felt that he could just post it, without any second thoughts. Now, what do you guys think about it? Was it completely immoral and outrageous for him to do so, and the pics are their goddamn business? Or since they were sending those pictures to everybody, it's ok? Anybody thinks something different?

H

Hetemti

Well...I can only think of one "famous" woman in Magic...

But astride from that...just because someone is sending it to "everyone they know" doesn't mean it's to be sent to everyone the recipiants know.

Faux pas, deffinatly, for were the images intended for mass distribution, the parties involved would have published.

Plus, this hurts the stigma attached to Magic. I can just see the Christan Alert Groups now..."Magic's a card game for Satan worshiping nerds and exhibitionist lesbians!"

Z

Zadok001

How distressing! I mean, honestly... Of COURSE that would be immoral in my book. But the worst part ranks as the fact that our DEAR friend who has done this thing has, as Hetemti said, made Magic look all the worse to outside observers. The Christian Coalition is gonna LOVE this one.

M

MrXarvox

well, certainly someone deserves a slap upside the head.

H

Hellion

This will give Christian Groups and anti Magic people more incentive and spread the nonsense of Magic being a "beginnings of a satanic worshipper.' more zealously......

C

Chaos Turtle

(Note: As long as this stays tasteful and on-topic, it can stay open. -- CT)

Assuming this is true...

I think that it's outrageous. Only a complete dolt would buy the excuse that sending it out to acquaintances constitutes permission to publish it. I'd say the guy in question is liable to end up defending his actions in court.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds like the same excuse that Simeon Jones guy sued with rakso to justify putting up his articles...

Obviously poor judgement on the women's part by sending it out to "everyone they knew" (which seems to imply a lot of people). But still no excuse....

L

linsivvi

hehe, i still laugh when i think about the time PreacherMan or someone started a post about how playing magic was worshiping the devil and whatnot. He was kidding....I think, but i always have found that funny. Kinda like outlawing Harry Potter in school (the card game sounds awful)

M

MrXarvox

it is funny... but the cretins who condemn magic for those reasons in real life, have little if any humor in their sour, wrinkled little heads.

P

Preacher_Man

I told ye that the devil lives between the card-stock sheets ye have bedded down with. Now Lucifer shall have ye, ye sheep!

C

CAMDEX

Magic isn't devil-worship. I'm a freaking Catholic! We play MAgic in the rectory of my church!

You knwo where they get such nonsense... TAROT CARDS!

Tarot cards were one of the tools of the trade of the Gypsies, and in the Middle Ages, a time of great religious fervence, that was a real no-no. That mentality permeated throughout history, and is affecting all loyal cardfloppers, but Magic more than most, simply because it introduces the idea of magic, casting spells, which go agains their idea of God and what-not. The Lord of the Rings CCG is gonna get the same kind of hell.

D

Dune Echo

Originally posted by Rando
What, no link? Damn.
LMAO! Aw, come on! I know that just about every male quickly scrolled this thread JUST to see if the link had been posted.

However, I have a question for Arhar: If you were going to not mention names, why not instead just put it up as a hypothetical situation instead? Doing it that way would have kept from propagating people trying to look at such things (which is why you did not post names or a link I presume). If someone truly pressed you, you could then have given the info that this is indeed real and you were trying to get opinions on a real situation on the internet.

At this point, your post essentially reads as gossip-mongering and says "I saw a dirty picture and I'm not going to show you! Nyah, nyah, nyah!" I don't know if that's your true intent or not, as I do not have much interaction with the people on this board much anymore, but if it is, that's not very mature and totally the opposite to what I think you meant to convey.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I disagree with your assessment, Dune Echo. I saw the question as a legitimate "ethical" type question, not a gossip-mongering one.

And if arhar DID pose the question hypothetically, then people would probably be wondering why he is asking it at all (since it's not everyday conversation). I thought it was better that he said he saw it somewhere else for real and posed the question. Besides, if someone REALLY wanted to go look for it, it doesn't take much brains to go on a search site and try to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.