Rodents

M

maraud234

We have discovered that a mouse lives in my house. My parents want to kill it, but I think the little guy is kinda cute. I want to try to catch him and keep him. Hopefully he doesn't have any diseases or anything. Any suggestions? :confused:

G

Goku

There are certain 'humane' mouse traps, such as HavAHeart, that simply catch the mouse, and do not harm it. From there, you could transfer him to a cage, and keep him as a pet.

I used some of those when I used to live in upstate New York, and they worked quite nicely. And I don't think that they cost much, either.

:)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That reminds me of the time we found a tarantula in our house. My friend, Trevor, and I had just taped ourselves play some baseball in the Cul-De-Sac and had sat down to watch the tape. While watching, Trevor felt a scraping against his ear. He turned his head and saw a tarantula attempting to walk on his head. Naturally, he said "yeek" and jumped back, while I went to get my dad. We trapped it in a tupper-ware container and I kept it as a pet in my empty fish tank. We named it "Puberta".

Sadly, Puberta passed away from smoke inhilation during the time our house caught on fire.

Ransac, cpa trash man

H

Hetemti

Well, if you keep it as a pet, it very well can have disease, and you can't really purify 'em.

M

MrXarvox

Mice don't live very long and they take tons of maintenance, plus it could have a disease.
I'd suggest capturing the bugger and transferring him to a better habitat (e.g. somewhere not too close to civilization)

D

Dementia

Originally posted by MrXarvox
Mice don't live very long and they take tons of maintenance, plus it could have a disease.
I'd suggest capturing the bugger and transferring him to a better habitat (e.g. somewhere not too close to civilization)
We had a mouse....and we "trandsferred" him to a "better habitat".

Mousie Heaven:D

Just a fair warning....if any of ya's are ever reincarnated as a mouse.....DON'T come to my house. And if you DO come to my house....DON'T go for the cheese;)

This reminds me of another funny story. This most recent mouse(Damn Indiana fields...we always get one or two a year) we set up a couple traps. My dog has taken a sudden interest in haven't to eat every bit of food on the floor.....I think you know where this is going:D My dog doesn't sniff food on the ground anymore!

C

Chaos Turtle

Keeping wild mice as pets is a generally bad idea. They tend to bite when frightened, and disease is common in mice.

C

CAMDEX

That's right, you heard me... Maim and torture...

Like this: :)

Take a gel bottle that's ALMOST empty when you catch the mouse.

Shake him around violently in the bottle for a couple minutes.

Then put him in a Hamster habitiat, with like 6 dozen other mice, but have one path lead into a blender. After a while, they won't go there anymore, so u gotta put some cheese or someting in there to entice them.

And watch. and laugh. a lot.

:)

E

EricBess

I used to work at a cafeteria. Now, some of you will probably be shocked that I would do something like what I am about to reveal. "That's so unhealthy." Okay, you're probably right. So sue me ;)

I was a custodian and they had a "critter report" that was posted in one of the back rooms. The idea was that if you saw a cockroach or a mouse or something, you would right down on this report where you saw it so that the managers could keep an eye on things and make sure there weren't any infestations.

One particularly slow day, myself and a couple of other custodians ran into a mouse on the back receiving docks. We caught him and killed him. Then, since this was a critter after all, we stapled him up to the critter report by his tail.

A

Apollo

Hahahahahahaha

Apollo tries in vain to pick himself up off the floor.

Hehe... whoo.

G

Goku

Well, that probably brought it to the administration's knowledge quickly.