Pure green.

B

BFDUO

Okay, this is a deck that me and a few other ppl from where I come from like.

Creatures:
4 stampede drivers
4 skyshroud sentinels
4 howling wolves
4 nesting wurms
3 thicket elementals
4 hunted wumpuses
1 craw giant
2-3 rooting kavu
4 silverglade elementals

Spells:
2 vitalizing winds
2 pack hunts
4 skyshroud claims
2 spellbooks
4 whip silks

Lands:
4 hickory woodlots
16-17 forests

This deck is rarely mana short and tends to work often against most decks. Any comments are welcome.

K

krichaiushii

Finally! A deck that isn't built around the latest set! Though now that I have finally gotten some Apocalypse (I've been Apocalyzed?) I should theoretically be able to contribute to the other threads. But I digress...

Welcome to the CPA, but I meet your deck with a question or two -- what format do you usually play (type 1, 2, extended, etc.) and is the deck for multiplayer or duelling?

Judging by your deck contents, I am guessing type 1, both duels and small chaos games (3-5 people). I will keep it to only green cards, playing off of the "benefit from forests in play" theme you have already posted.

For the first example, the Skyshroud Sentinels, Nesting Wurms, Howling Wolves, and the Pack Hunts need to go. Likewise go the Spellbooks, Whip Silks, Thicket Elementals and a Vitalizing Wind.

To replace them, add 4 Yavimaya Elders (this 2/1 costs 1GG to cast, can be sacrificed to draw a card, and when it hits the graveyard from play, you go through your library to put two lands in your hand), 4 Llanowar Sentinels (a 2/3 elf that costs 2G to cast. When cast, you can pay 1G to pull an additional Llanowar Sentinel out of your deck and put it into play), 4 Pincer Spiders (2/3 can block flying creatures as if it had flying, paying kicker makes it bigger), 4 Lone Wolf (a 2/2 that can redirect its damage to a player), and 4 Blanchwood Armor (creature gets +x/+x, where x = number of forests you control).

This results in:
4x Yavimaya Elder
4x Llanowar Sentinel
4x Pincer Spider
4x Lone Wolf
4x Silverglade Elemental
4x Stampede Drivers
4x Hunted Wumpus
3x Rooting Kavu
1x Craw Giant

4x Skyshroud Claim
4x Blanchwood Armor
1x Vitalizing Wind

17x Forest
4x Hickory Woodlot

For 61 cards. If anything, you will fast run out of forests to fetch...

Its a fast remake, though I am sure that others will provide you with totally different approaches to a green decks. As I type this, I can think of numerous other ways to benefit from all that land (not much of it tourney quality, though.)

Hope it helps.

B

BFDUO

I'm just curious as to why the kicking the key elements of the deck out. Do you know what those skyshroud sentinels, howling wolves and nesting wurms do? They keep the deck going at a fast pace. The deck is built around mano y mano type game as well as a little multiplayer. It has been known to floor the best decks that my friends have been able to throw at it. I like the idea of the yavimaya elders to keep the deck running with the extra card draw and the 2 extra lands it lets me get. It'd also help the mana curve. However, the rest of the ideas would tend to slow the deck down. I'm not sure. Thanks for the compliments on the deck. I'll be posting some more stuff that isn't based around the new expansions.

G

Griffith_se

Ok, how about Food Chain, Hurricane, Treetop Bracers?

K

krichaiushii

BFDUO --

I kicked out those elements because I just don't like them, so my bias carried over into my advice. Glad you liked the Yavimaya Elders, though.

Since you'll be keeping those cards in, perhaps splashing red for Firestorm (R instant, when cast, discard X cards in your hand to deal X damage to X target creatures and/or players), might provide an additional use for the cards you fill your hand with.

Getting that red mana could be provided (card pool dependent) via Taigas, painlands, the invasion dual lands, Skyshroud and/or Nomadic Elves, or even Lotus Petal(s). Actually, if you use Gemstone Mines and/or Lotus Petals, you will keep your opponents guessing as to what color you intend to abuse them with, and after finding a few from each color you like, just alternate the cards every few games, much like a sideboard.

Maybe use the Forsaken City, as you will be filling your hand quite quickly, so could afford to untap it.

Just a thought or two...