Ever feel called to play certain colors...?

Do ya feel what I'm sayin'?

• Yes! The cards talk to me daily!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sort of. The cards still email once in a while.

• Nope. Yer dumb.

• I miss Masticore.

• Total voters
S

Sammy Dead-O

I've been focusing on R/W a lot lately with the recent release of the übercool Goblin Legionnaire and some interesting other R/W goodies. However, I've also had a soft spot for Zombies for a while, and the art on Putrid Warrior is right up there with the Legionnaire's...an obviously out-of-place dork in the midst of some hardcore human soldiers. So, after playing R/W/B at the PreRelease, some good luck from Gerrard's Verdict and Soul Link, pulling zero Legionnaires in my eight Apocalypse packs so far (vs. three Putrids) and having little luck trading for 'em at the PR, the possibility of Vindicate one day occupying my deck boxes, and my recent lucky strike of a shiny Caves of Koilos...well, B/W looks like a fun option to pursue. I do have three Chaos/Orders and none of the B/W split...but c'mon...a foily painland and a bear called Putrid Warrior callin' my name...I can't resist.:)

Anybody else ever have stuff like this happen to them to affect their deck choices?

N

Namielus

Yea, Repercussion, I just can't seem to keep it out of a deck design, I always include a way to aviod it, or love it :)

I have had at least 10 completely different decks that all featured 4 repercussions for a 2 month span of time. Zadok and Duel still dislike cussion for that. :D

H

HumanError

Black. All the time. Black. Every deck I make, every idea I have...they always seem like they could benefit from the inclusion of black. Even the G/U deck I posted on the deck board...that feels like it could use some black.

I even tried putting Necropotences in my monoartifact deck so I could get artifacts faster, but it drastically slowed down the deck.

All other colors serve only to improve the quality of black. There's a reason my black rares impress while my green rares annoy. When you look in my box and see the four Avatars of Woe sitting next to each other, know that my love for black is boundless.

Black, black, a thousand times black! And a day will come again when Wizards of the Coast reprints good cards for black!

Dark Ritual will come back! You'll see! You all laughed at my madness! And now? HUUUUUHHH?

*ahem*

M

Major Crime

Of late either green for beat down, or pure gold decks just as I can & I love gold cards.

Looking long term, it's been and will be blue for my major colour, due to the fact that Merfolk are blue creatures. Over 6 years of playing and there has only been about 6 months of not having a merfolk deck.

I started blue white, going more green of late as creature decks take little brain power to play. Most of my play group are pro's, I think it was 6 of the group had play spots at the UK nationals, Benson placed 6th, most of the others got into the top 40.
In the gold area going green / white gold cards, no single colour cards, sharing blue or red.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I tend towards red because I love Manabarbs and am always looking at new cards (when I was playing more) to see how they'd fit.

But I also like all the colors so I can use most of the cards in a set :)

G

Gizmo

If I`m givent he chance to play a deck with Mountains in, or Islands in then I will do so over other decks. But only because Mountains and Islands are better than all other basic lands.
If I find myself playing Forests I know that I`m in trouble, I strenuously avoid playing Swamps unless I`m playing Necropotence or Carnophage, and I`ve only ever played Plains with Lin Sivvi or Kjeldoran Outpost.

J

Jake74

About once a week or so I look slowly through my trade binder and cards just leap at me and say "make a deck with me" I pull them out and then realize that I put them in there because I don't want to play them or the card sucks....
someday I'll just sit down and make decks like I used to before I had all these cards... all the rares of one or two colors, throw in some uncommons and commons and some land... A DECK!! YEAH!

N

NeuroDeus

My Troublesome Spirits and Blinding Angels talk to me continuasly. Im addict to anything white and blue and any creature with the ability flying and/or resembles and angel... and Absorb! I love those white/blue cards...

L

Landkiller

I always end up making at least 1 Red deck whenever possible. Masques block red was SO bad, though, that I went to my fallback, but still fun, black. I make terrible decks in white, but I like white as a complementary color. I also can play blue(with not a little distaste). Green is strictly a five-color thing for me.

Basically, the cards I like are the counter-threats. Burn, Banishes, LD, Wraths, Geddons, Counters, Bounce. Now, imagine basing a deck around a single concept that I've listed...only Burn wins the game.

N

Neo_Keo

In the beginning I find myself walking over death and decay over the Swamps of Uborg.

Then out of the darkness I embraced the light and walked on the beautiful Plains Dominaria had to offer.

Then a journey of passion and adventure sent me to the Mountains of Keldor.

Alas I once again sense no home there and jounrey over the seas for years until I arrived at and Island where the School of the unseen was located.

From there I went to the Forest of Yavimaya to do some extensive research on treebark and the effects it had on magicly brewed rootbeer.

From there I proceed to meet a ship of some sort and the crew was quite friendly after a brief misunderstanding. They invited me back to there home for a visit. I agreed looking for some new things to behold my eyes. The ship arrived at its destination and I asked the Silver Golem that i began to get aquanted with what is this magnifecent place called? He said, " This is the Tolarian Academy ". I stepped forward and began to walk through the doors .......

C

Cateran Emperor

It took me a long time, but I've found out that I'm actually meant to be a Blue and/or White mage. I should have figured that out long ago, me living in an open field by water and all...

Z

Zadok001

I can hear my Islands and Forests talking to me now... Plains never talk to me, I can't play white in any respect. :) Except Wrath of God. But that's a Blue spell.

F

FoundationOfRancor

My cards talk to me, but they tell me to burn things...

Forest Feilds Forever!

I

Istanbul

I always seem to play blue. Wow, wouldn't white be great with blue. I bet I could make a good black deck if I added blue in. I wonder if red/blue would work. Funny thing is, it usually *does* work.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I almost never use White, except in combination with other colors, because I am convinced that White really sucks. I don't know why, but everything seems vanilla and boring.
Black is often boring to me as well, but not as boring as White. I occasionally use Black.

Thus I usually use Blue and/or Green, with occasional Red. I just like weird strategies, and I find that Blue and Green have the most weird strategies available.

I think I would like playing Domain though.

N

Necrosavant

Lately whenever I make a dek, I go through the commons and uncommons, and then totally forget to put rares in, except for the Painlands. And after all the troube I go to to get the rares to begin with ;).

A

Almindhra

I'm drawn to black, its quite sad...In sealed I was having big bias problems, but I think I've gotten over that whole "white and green are sh***y" thing when I realized that green was beating me everytime...

Live and learn...

R

rkoelsch

I originally started out R/W. I tried putting together different decks but I was always including white for Serra Angels and Swords to Plowshares. I have concluded any deck I build will have white in it. I almost never use black expect in sealed. The decks I make are white, U/W, G/W or 5 color. But my favorite deck was a blue/white highlander style deck where the card had to have a picture of a female on it to be included. It was always a joy to play and it would win about half the time.

E

Ertai

My favorite color is... you guessed it, Blue! White and Black are ok too, but green and red just seem too straight forward(I know people can argue with that, just my opinion). This Mystic Snake might just make me set aside my long standing hatred of green, though... I've been told I always have a counterspell in my hand, no matter what colors I'm playing. Now I can actually live up to that, Yay! Hey, how do I make that light blue face with the big smile?(like, in the middle of my reply?)