Magic Advisory Panel...

Would you buy a MTG minature game?

• Definately! I'm a Magic freak!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, if Mommy/Wife gives me some more money

• No way, damn Wizards and they're plot to take over the world!!

• Total voters
A

Almindhra

Just wanted to let you guys know whats going on with my survey taking from Wizards...They asked the regular stuff like how much of this and this I buy, and whether or not I know the sets coming out...

But they asked if I bought Warhammer or Mage Knight, which I do...And they asked a question, would I be interested in a Magic, something or other, but it sounds like a miniature game...Any thoughts on this?...Is Wizards just trying to grab some more money while Mage Knight made miniatures some hot stuff?

I

Istanbul

GOD, no.

Magic cards can be easily sorted.
Can you imagine trying to sort/store an army of minis?

Magic can be played in a very compressed space.
Games with minis...well...can't.

Magic cards require the cards.
Minis, if you want them to look halfway decent, require the minis...paint...a brush...a steady hand...space to paint...etc.

I think I'll pass.

Killer Joe

LOL,though this is NOT a serious poll, it might be helpful not to offer LEADING choices, i.e.
Choice A.) Do you still beat your wife?
Choice B.) Do you stll beat your kids?
Choice C.) Do you still like Barry Manilow?

To answer your poll without really answering it at all, "Do you still think Lauren is better than you at everything?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
While I agree with YJ in that the choices in the poll really didn't reflect my personal choice, the underlying answer is still 'NO' because I barely have time as it is right now. Miniscule time for Magic (and only on Apprentice) and miniscule time for Warhammer (because my friend and I have tough schedules to get together).

I disagree with Isty's reasons (except for the painting part) because a minature wargame, by nature, will require more time to invest anyways. Of course it's going to take up more space and the storage issue is actually probably the same (I store my Warhammer dudes in a tackle box, which takes up around the same space as a bunch of card binders or card boxes stacked up). The card game was designed to be portable; minatures is not (unless they have a new scheme in mind).

R

Rando

Well, since my game room in my house is already filled with thousands of minitures and 2 war-game tables, and since I already own most of the Magic: The Gathering minitures they put out a few years ago, I would have to say that yes, I would buy a Magic war game.

I would pick the first choice above, but I'm not a Magic Freak...I'm a Game Freak.

R

rkoelsch

I might pick up some mini's that I like but one of the reasons I like magic is that I can play several games in a short time. Minature games typically take several hours to complete.

A

Almindhra

And I think if Wizards is smart and want to follow the success of Mage Knight, they'll offer booster boxes of minatures that are prepainted for cheap...

Well I didn't meant to make the answers leading, they were just humourous Yes, Maybe, No answers...

And of course Lauren isn't as good as me...Her face said it all when I won the Musical Theatre Award over her...Mwhahahahaha....

N

Namielus

I would love that stuff!!!

WIZARDS COME ON!!!

Thoes little minatures are so neat, you can paint then all sorts of colors and when they don't win you can damage them with a blunt object and call it battle damage. AHAHAH I love it.

E

Ertai

Ick. I don't need another collectable game to get into. I have a hard enough time organizing my magic cards. Minitures would be even worse. And costing money and possibly requiring me to take up painting...

H

Hetemti

I'd buy a few just cuz I'd be cute to have a dragon whelp on my monitor, but other than as decorative trinkets...OR SQUIRREL TOKENS (W00T!), there's no need.

E

ErinPuff

I'd buy a few for decorative trinkets, but I don't think I could get into the gameishness..

F

fuzzy510

First: I'm too casual of a gamer to truly care about little figurines like that. Sorry.

Second: I never got into Warhammer because I never had the time. Now it's not incredibly popular in my area, and I DO have the time. But it's still too late.

S

Sammy Dead-O

...although I'm afraid I'd be much more inclined to buy them if they were pre-painted. At least then I'd have the option of leaving them as-is.

But, yeah, a Magic minis game would be fun. I'd also want a lot of little goblins to decorate my life...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
fuzzy: Why is it too late if you have the time now? "Being not too popular" still implies some people play it, and you only really need just one opponent.