Ps2

A

Apollo

I got a PS2 for my birthday :)D). I also got a Blockbuster gift card. I also don't know much about what is out for the system. Can anyone recommend any games for me to look at? I have:
Madden 2001
Tekken Tag Tournament
SSX

Also, on a barely related note, has anyone seen Star Wars on DVD? Does it have enough new stuff to warrant buying it if I already have the VHS ones?

Thanks for your time.

N

nodnarb24

I don't have a PS2 but from looking at the reviews and such here is a list of fairly good games you should get:

Black and White (when it is released, N/A)
Dark Cloud (when it is released, 3/15)
Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore (AWSOME FIGHTING GAME!!! GET IT NOW!!!)
Gradius III & IV (if you liked it on the SNES, get it!)
Kessen
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (when it is released, Q3)
Midnight Club: Street Racing
Smuggler's Run
The Bouncer (when it is released, 3/06)

Go to http://www.Gamespot.com for reviews and such.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Dead or Alive 2 is kind of perverted. No offense, Nodnarb.:)
Of course, that may not be a problem.... It's just that there are several female characters whose breasts bounce while fighting (the makers of the game did not do this to make it more "realistic").

It seems that when it comes out Onimusha Warlords might turn out good, but I'm not too sure of that.

I only have an ordinary PSX myself, so I hope this helped you.

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by Thallid Ice Cream Man
It's just that there are several female characters whose breasts bounce while fightingyou.
What's wrong with bouncy breasts? BOUNCY! BOUNCY!

On a side note if you increase the age in the options it will become more "realistic."

H

Hetemti

Hail the bouncy boobies!

__/¯\o_ (* )( *) \\o/¯\__

I think Jet Force Gemini was the first game to include mamalary animation...

B

Baskil

IIRC, the original term for that is Breast-Quake. My next-dorm neighbor in college was all psyched when Sega came out with that concept. Of course, he was probably more happy about the fact that there were actually new games for the Saturn when it came out.

And as far as Star Wars on DVD, I am unaware of that even being published on DVD anytime in the near future. But I may be wrong, have you seen the actual discs?

As a rule of thumb about that sort of thing: If you're a fan of the movie, you will enjoy the DVD version better than the VHS.

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by Baskil
And as far as Star Wars on DVD, I am unaware of that even being published on DVD anytime in the near future. But I may be wrong, have you seen the actual discs?
I checked on amazon.com and it said that star wars is not on DVD yet. I guess you are going to have to wait.

B

Baskil

I thought I was right on that :D

From what I remember, Lucas said that he would release the movies after they are all done. So... by the time he gets around to releasing it, DVDs will (unfortunately) be dinosaurs, probably.

D

Darsh

Well, If you're a fan of mech games like me...
Armored Core 2 (pros-fully customizable mechs!...cons-not much replay value)
Gungriffion Blaze (pros-fast and furious action...cons-too short)
or the soon-to-be-released Square title Z.O.E. (Zone of Enders)

But you HAVE to get the Matrix DVD, it looks fantastic.

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by Darsh
the soon-to-be-released Square title Z.O.E. (Zone of Enders)
Actually it is a Konami title and yes it does look awsome.

T

TaLoN

some games you should look at:
Rayman Revolution
Onimusha Warriors
Dark Cloud (think Link, hey that rhymes :D)
Devil May Cry (released Fall of 01) Very cool looking game. Resident Evil type horror with a twist and a very good plot.
I can't really recomend The Bouncer because although it looks good, the gameplay isn't all that great.

A

Apollo

Thanks for the reccomendations, guys! I'll be sure to check these games out.

I guess I was wrong about the Star Wars DVD. I thought it was out... I don't know why.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My friend has an Asian copy of the Star Wars movies, but I don't know if they're in English or subtitled or what. If you really need to know, I can ask him and where he got them...

A

Apollo

That's all right, I just thought they were out here on DVD. I have them on VHS, so it doesn't really matter. Thanks, though.