New B/R not machinehead

T

TaLoN

Its a zombie deck! Now before you click the Back button listen to what i've got to say. umm i forgot what i was going to say but heres the deck!!
_________<-------insert title here
7 swamp
7 mountain
3 darigaaz's happy home
3 urborg volcano
1 rath's edge
4 maggot carrier
4 shivan zombie
4 nightscape familiar
2 pyre zombie
2 lava zombie
4 lord o the zombies
2 gravedigger
4 shock
4 seal o fire
4 terminate
2 hull breach
3 magma burst
Anyone have any suggestions. so far after my extensive testing of 1 game it kicked @ss.

D

Darsh

Looks pretty good, how about "Dawn of the Dead" for a name?

Z

Zadok001

How much do those Familiars really help?

2x Lava Zombie
2x Pyre Zombie
3x Magma Burst

That's not very strong... Is there a better 2cc Zombie out there in B/R? 'Cause I don't think 7 cards is enough to justify the Familiar, unless there's something I'm missing. (It's also possible there _are_ no other good 2cc Zombies, in which case, your choice is whole-heartedly correct, and I'm a dummy. :) )

T

TaLoN

Don't be dissing the Nightscape Familiar!!! Aside from the shivan zombie my other 2cc zombie, there is only one other 2cc zombie and that is whipsnitched zombie(2/2 upkeep of B) so i like the nightscape b/c it can live through jimmy aka blastoderm, and he helps on some spells which is not the only reason i put him in but he's good for his cc.

C

Chaos Turtle

Well, I can see your point about the Familiar, but I don't think it's the best card for this deck. Trying to hold off a Blastoderm is going to tie up your mana, which you should be using to play more Zombies.
Red/Green will just ping it to tap it (regen side-effect), then attack anyway.

I'd take them out and up your Pyre Zombies to 4.
The Pyre Zombie can block a 'Derm and be sacrificed to kill a mana weenie, or deal 2 to the opponent.

You really ought to be playing a Scuta or three, as well. Take out Gravedigger to accomplish this.