Bush Quotes!

G

Gerode

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
....George W. Bush, Jr.

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."
....Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change."
....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 5/22/98

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."
....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 12/6/93

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 11/30/96

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."
....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/21/97

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."
....Governor George W. Bush, Jr. to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/93

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"Public speaking is very easy."
....Governor George W. Bush, Jr. to reporters in 10/9

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
....Governor George W. Bush, Jr

"When I have been asked who caused the riots and the killing in LA, my answer has been direct & simple:
Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.
....George W. Bush, Jr.

"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it."
....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 5/20/96

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/22/97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."
....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/5/93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."
....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/18/95

"The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that George Bush may or may not make."

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."

-------------------------------

I'm not sure how accurate these are, but they are hilarious nonetheless. He doesn't claim to have invented the Internet, though.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Yikes! And this guy's the new President? :eek:

Sounds like a return to the Ford years!

Talk about being quotable...

LOL! :D

Z

Zero

Alot of those are really funny...

But again, some are really smart.
I doubt he ment them to be that way, but they are...

H

Hawaiian mage

These are the funniest things I've read in a real long time.

Good work Gerode!

C

Cateran Emperor

Why are they quoting someone named George W. Bush, Jr.? You could call him George W. Bush, but you apparently missed the fact that the "brilliant" person who conjured these quotes is quoting a nonexistant son of the current Republican presidential candidate named after himself...

H

Hawaiian mage

Typicle republican response... :rolleyes:

Well I would do the same if someone did this to Nader, so don't be offended.

C

Cateran Emperor

No offense taken. I know what sort of political views a lot of us have on this site, so I'm used to this kind of thread.

Seriously though, the quotes aren't quoting any real person...

G

Gerode

As I said, I cannot make any claims on how valid these quotes are. A friend of mine found them a week or two ago, and I decided to share them here.

If anyone with no life would like to research some of Bush's speeches for these quotes, it would be interesting to see if Cateran Emperor is indeed right.

BTW, what is Former President George Bush's middle name?

D

Duel

they're both George W. Bush, I beleive. That's why there IS a George W. Bush Jr.....

C

Cateran Emperor

He actually has two middle names, but I really don't feel like finding out the other one (it's not really relevant)

T

theorgg

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
....George W. Bush, Jr.

Theese three are from former vice president and national idiot, Danyal Janforth Quale.

I recognised most of the quotes from http://www.georgewbush.com , though a few were new to me.

R

Rando

Actual Bush quotes: Boo-ya!

"Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicines as we used to know it".

``Nothing can be further than the truth,''

"I have learned from mistakes I may or may not have made."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

"There ought to be limits to freedom."
(this one is the worst of all)

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."

"I was raised in the West. The west of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, DC, is close to California."

Other good Bush bloopers ``hostile'' for ``hostage'' and ``terrors'' for ``tariffs'' and suggesting that President Clinton had been in office for four years rather than eight.

That is all we need a president who can not count past four!

Bush states in first Gore debate that being an at risk kid means they can't learn. Seems what is at risk is this country if they can't keep this moron out of office.

Bush and Cheney two very rich mizers from the oil industry... Is there any one out there who does not hate the oil companies?

Think you have been screwed by the oil companies before - high inflated prices and phoney shortages.

Just think what they could do with two of their guys "George and Dick" at the top.

Bush wants to give oil firms drilling access to more federal lands, including the pristine Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.

Both Bush and Cheney have dismal environmental records that favor giving major breaks to large corporations and polluters. In fact their campaign slogan should be "if you got the money honey we got the time"

Dubya talks about his great record in Texas. What a joke. Texas now has the worst air pollution in the country and is next to last on spending for the environment.

(All of the above is from bushchaneysuck.com)

So there!

Good God all mighty, I do not want this half-retarded idiot man-child in the White House. It makes me shudder...

[Edited by Rando on 12-05-00 at 04:24 PM]

L

Landkiller

I have a book of funny (stupid) things that politcal folk say. Some of the quotes on this thread I recognized from that book as NOT Bush quotes. I'm pretty confident that some of the quotes are misrepresented.

N

netgnome

george w. bush's father's middle intial was not w. otherwise the distinction would be made with junior, the jr in the george w. bush was just redundant

- I can imagine bush saying stupid things like that, he is a totall moron whose knowledge of foreign affairs is limited to what columbia's main export to the us is

A

Apollo

I just heard this, with Bush talking about his proposed tax cuts...

"This would be a lot easier if this were a dictatorsip and I was the dictator!"

He's gonna try to take over! We must rebel!

C

Copious Wrath

Hate to point this out, but most, if not all, of your quotes, Gerode, are from (thankfully) ex-Vice President Quayle.

C

Cateran Emperor

Okay, I remembered it.

George Bush Sr. = Gerorge H. (Herbert) W. (Walker) Bush

F

fuzzy510

When asked about his subliminal messages:
"I think America knows me enough for me to say that I did not use sublimiminal messaging." (Not a spelling error!"

Asked later about his elocution (Pronunciation of words):
"I think America knows my stand on the death penalty."

Scary.

K

K9Archmage

The presidential elections are finally over. What a relief

Hoipa