RE: the auction for buttons...

R

Rando

How are we doing on this? I'd be happy to send all kinds of cards if I can get a CPA button. Which would sell better, newer or older cards? I'll send in a Mox I'm convinced that this will work. That should make a few bucks.

D

DÛke

...CPA shirts would be easier to make...
And probably less expensive.
I wouldn't go that far and give cards for them, Rando, you're crazy, you know that:)?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
sends in cards for the auction, who's gonna pay for the shirts/buttons/whatever to be made?

(I'm kinda a hypocrite because I haven't sent in any cards but then again, I don't really need a button or shirt).

But a progress report would be nice... ;)

V

Volradon

I think we should just buy one of those things that makes bottons and then sell them to each person instead of giving them out. That way, even if u loose it u can get another one + we wont have people sending in cards so everyone else can get free bottons.

D

DÛke

...sending in money is better than sending in cards, like Moxes or whatever. Moxes are rare, money is not. If I have to send anything, I would send in money, not cards.

There...

R

Rando

Well, I'm still willing to send in the following cards in order to raise money for buttons:

foil Rystic Tutor
foil Mageta the Lion
Un. Mox Ruby
foil Archivist
Alpha The Hive

...and some others. I'll have to go home and root through my cards.

I want a button! I shall pin it to my breast with pride.

T

theorgg

WHOA! settle down people! Big rares arn't what is needed!

The auction is to get a button press and a bit of funds for prints of a design(not designed yet, unfourtunatly) done @ Kinkos. I'd press the buttons and send them out for a small fee, probably $1 or less depending on the sucsess of the grab bag auctions.

Chuck(the guy that owns Magicsingles.com) should've already put the things up, but none of us have heard from him post-invaision. Odd that. Dune Echo has been trying to contact him for awhile.

The donations shouldn't be really hard to get cards. If you want to send money, send a check to the address in leau of cards OR bid on the auctions that are put up.

Chuck is asking for random rares and uncommons mostly, since it's 1000 cards and half have to be Uncommon/rare. Big name rares like Moxes shouldn't be sent, but smaller, more popular things(like Linnsivvi and the like that might garner a few people trying for them) that only cost $8 might be a good idea.

I'll try to get into contact w/ chaosden(Chuck) via his E-bay auctions if I can get into the E-bay files... I'm not sure if they let non-members see that stuff...

Anyway, If the buttons do well, then other merchandice can be attempted. However, the costs to start up buttons right now was figured to be near $80 for about 200 buttons to start out with(the backings have to be bought in HUGE packs of 250; Kinkos would charge $1.50 for the REALLY high quality prints[6-8 on a page] and the "badge a minute" press is near fourty bucks.)

It all depends.
but please, don't send outrageous sums of money or cards worth ourrageious sums like moxes or Dual lands(Revisedand back).

A

Almindhra

What logo is being used?...

I think it should be the old one...

T

theorgg

Ed is suppose to be making several versions. It's a low-priority thing right now, so he hasn't gotten around to it.

D

Duel

We should DEFINATELY use the old logo for the buttons, or at least give the option of getting it with the old logo. I'd buy them.

C

ChasDen

Soory for being gone guys, but sometimes life throws us a few curve balls and in the last 6 weeks we had quite a few big ones. We are back online after almost 6 weeks and I would like to appologize to anyone who has been looking for us. By the end of this week everything should be back to normal. Well sort of. More to come later :)