Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Lol. I would definitely fail an eye exam. I thought it was Kelgar next to me.

I assume the four Wights can hit me and Carrow? If so, just back up one square so either Kelgar or Rev can join fight and Carrow can move further back to engage with hos arrows at either fight.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Lol. I would definitely fail an eye exam. I thought it was Kelgar next to me.

I assume the four Wights can hit me and Carrow? If so, just back up one square so either Kelgar or Rev can join fight and Carrow can move further back to engage with hos arrows at either fight.
Well, that would be the smart thing to do... but......

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Mooseman had a strategic insight based on the limited information I provided. Seeing that he was on the front line and that he was adjacent to multiple undead opponents, he discerned that the Blade of Couronne could be useful here
Carrow brandishes his Sword and attacks the Wights
I was thinking Moosie/Carrow was having another bit of insight seeing as how I think these guys are also undead, but if he wants to start shooting I guess it would also serve... ;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Fueled by the battle frenzy awakened from his past in the fighting pits of Middenheim, Ty rushes the undead. He easily catches his first opponent with his morningstar (7/13).
-Ty attempts to bring in his fist spike, but he was still charging and lost his balance as he arrived.
-Ty tries again, his fist spike ripping through the skeleton, finishing it off and pulling him into its position.

-Ty slams his fist spike into a nearby skeleton's skull (3/13).
-Tomas is lazy and decides that he won't cast anything yet but maybe he'll heal someone or something. This is totally not because the GM forgot about him until more than halfway through typing this.
-Jekaena casts Glittering Robe twice, shielding herself (9).
-Kelgar blesses Carrow and Throg with Vanquish. They get +1 Attacks this turn.
-Carrow bravely lashes out at the nearest wight (10/14).

-Carrow slashes wildly and almost hits the doorframe.
-Carrow cuts his opponent (8/14).
-Carrow follows up his cut with a thrust, doing further damage (6/14).
-Carrow swings and misses.

-Carrow chops at the wight's head (2/14). Despite sustaining heavy damage, the undead creature is heavily armored and remarkably robust.
-Revaethan follows Ty, demolishing the damaged skeleton with a blow of his sword.

-Revaethan's Dance of Death allows him to follow his deathblow and keep moving. His deathblow strikes another skeleton (8/13).
-Revaethan hacks some bones off his foe (3/13).
-Unwilling to let an elf have all the fun, Dorgath chops at a wight. The monster moves surprisingly quickly and evades his axe.
-Dorgath winds up for a Great Axe Attack and fumbles, getting tangled up in his own beard and falling down.

-Throg attempts to pound a skeleton to dust. His axe lands, but mostly gets caught on the skeleton's crude armor (11/13).

-Throg is surprised that his attack didn't do more damage. Leaning in to inspect his work, Throg suddenly feels hungry and bites a piece off the skeleton (5/13). He appears not to care for the taste and spits out chunks of bone.
-Throg becomes annoyed with this particular skeleton and sweeps his axe through its body, destroying it utterly.
-Throg's deathblow catches another skeleton (9/13).
-Throg breaks open his victim's ribcage (4/13).
-Throg throws a graceful roundhouse and kicks right through the skeleton he just damaged.
-Throg's Ice Missile misses.
-Throg fails to hypnotize anything.
-Throg lunges and attempts to envenom a skeleton. It occurs to him that he can't actually poison the skeleton, but his fangs connect anyway and break off bits of undead skull (11/13).
-Throg swipes with his axe one more time, chopping off a skeletal leg (1/13).

-As he pulls back from the second time he's bitten a skeleton today, Throg rakes his razor claws across the monster's torso, causing the bones to shatter into dust.
-Ty leaps onto the lone skeleton left in a corner of the room and bashes its head with his morningstar, then smacks it with his knuckle-dusters (1/13).
-Hooking his fist spike into the skeleton's ribcage, Ty slams the undead monster into the wall, sending bones flying everywhere.

-As Dorgath recovers his footing, a wight rudely stabs him (24/25).

-Another wight takes the opportunity to stab Dorgath (22/25).
-A skeleton swipes at Throg, who casually deflects the blow.

-A skeleton lunges for Revaethan and the wardancer sidesteps.
-Tomas snaps out of his reverie and lobs a Spear of Light at the wounded wight, dispatching it.
-Kelgar's Ring of Jade fully heals Dorgath.
-Kelgar collects 15 gold for his healing efforts! Praise Sigmar.

Next round...

-The Power Phase is 5 for this turn.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Dorgath winds up for a Great Axe Attack and fumbles, getting tangled up in his own beard and falling down.
I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened in several years. So if anyone (especially Spiderman) is wondering, it's a built-in drawback of the Dwarf's starting ability: Great Axe Attack. The way the ability normally functions is that the Dwarf gets to roll an extra D6 for damage, then drop the lowest. If any of the damage dice roll doubles, then the Dwarf keeps them all and doesn't drop the lowest. If the only doubles are double 1's, the Dwarf falls prone and loses the rest of his turn ("trips over his beard" is how the text on the Dwarf's character card puts it). Dorgath has a rune on his axe that lets him add an extra D6 for damage if his to-hit roll is 5+. So he rolled a 5 to-hit and got to roll 3D6. First roll was a 2, then the second and third were both 1. However, Dorgath also has a rune on his axe that lets him reroll the lowest D6 for damage. So he rerolled and rolled 1 again. I guess Dorgath falling down was just meant to be. 😧

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened in several years. So if anyone (especially Spiderman) is wondering, it's a built-in drawback of the Dwarf's starting ability: Great Axe Attack. The way the ability normally functions is that the Dwarf gets to roll an extra D6 for damage, then drop the lowest. If any of the damage dice roll doubles, then the Dwarf keeps them all and doesn't drop the lowest. If the only doubles are double 1's, the Dwarf falls prone and loses the rest of his turn ("trips over his beard" is how the text on the Dwarf's character card puts it). Dorgath has a rune on his axe that lets him add an extra D6 for damage if his to-hit roll is 5+. So he rolled a 5 to-hit and got to roll 3D6. First roll was a 2, then the second and third were both 1. However, Dorgath also has a rune on his axe that lets him reroll the lowest D6 for damage. So he rerolled and rolled 1 again. I guess Dorgath falling down was just meant to be. 😧
The important thing is we all get to have a good laugh.

Throg will dispatch the remaining skeletons. Ty can help, if he wants.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
*I am having a double laugh, first at my character, then at turgy’s statement*

Dorgath wades into combat again, muttering a prayer to Grimnir to guide his Axe better this time.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Damn skeletons are tougher than they look." Ty continues his attacks, hoping to free up Rev to go help with the Wights.

Stupid beards...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Tomas look at Dorgath as the dwarf struggles to regain his footing. Tomas looks at the army of wights. Tomas turns and sees Ty, Throg, and Revaethan easily finishing off some skeletons. Tomas looks back at the wights. Annoyed, he casts Ogre Strength on Carrow.
-Tomas casts Ogre Strength on Carrow.

-Tomas casts Ogre Strength on Carrow.
-Tomas casts Ogre Strength on Carrow. Now Carrow has +8 Strength for the rest of the turn.
-Jekaena casts Glittering Robe (4).
-Jekaena casts Glittering Robe (3).

-Kelgar blesses Carrow with Steadfast. Carrow feels tougher.
-Carrow swings his sword with augmented strength and tears into a wight (6/14).

-Carrow decapitates a wight.
-Carrow's deathblow cuts through the adjacent wight (3/14).

-Carrow gracefully pirouettes while slashing a wight to pieces.
-Revaethan uses Woven Mist, trading his normal Move and Attacks for a combined 5 Move + Attacks.

-Revaethan hacks at a skeleton (9/13).
-Revaethan chops a skeleton's legs (4/13).
-Revaethan stumbles.
-Revaethan recovers and slices through a skeleton's arm (2/13).
-Revaethan cleaves a skeleton in half.

-Revaethan's deathblow catches a skeleton's spinal column (10/13).
-Dorgath stands back up and raises his axe...

The usual apologies for taking so long to get back to this apply. I had intended not to leave this thread sitting mid-combat for more than a day or two, but I kept forgetting to set aside some time for it. Anyway, at this point, I'd like to check with Spiderman on whether Dorgath wishes to advance or hold his position. Carrow has already attacked and wiped out two wights, so Dorgath could move up and attack, but he'd be letting the wights partially surround him once it's their turn to move. If Dorgath holds his ground, he can choose to fight defensively, so only two wights can reach him and try to attack either him or Carrow. If he moves up, he can attack and potentially take out some wights himself, but they'd also surround him and he'd be risking taking more attacks. Sorry I don't have an updated map to illustrate this exactly.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No worries and Dorgath will hold his ground for now, until the others finish with the skeletons and can help (unless Carrow and I finish them off by then)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Dorgath takes a defensive stance, preparing to hold back the wights.
-Throg charges a skeleton, but his helmet slips and blocks his vision.

-Adjusting his helmet, Throg brings his axehead up and cracks it into a skeleton's pelvis (8/13).
-Throg flips his axe into his other hand and brings it across a skeleton's ribcage (2/13).
-Throg throws a high kick, but the badly damaged skeleton narrowly ducks beneath the blow.

-Throg grabs a skeleton and bites its neck. The skull and the first few vertebrae stick to Throg's mouth as the rest of the skeleton collapses onto the floor.
-Ty moves in on the last skeleton and cracks its scapula with his morningstar (10/13).

-Ty punches out part of a rib, but the skeleton seems unfazed (7/13).
-Ty tackles his opponent and drives the skeleton into a wall, pummeling it and creating a cloud of bone dust, pretty much getting the effect that Throg had been going for. Throg may or may not be jealous at this point. Who knows?
-Unable to penetrate Dorgath's defensive stance, the wights advance and strike at Carrow instead. The first wight gets tripped up by the an adjacent wight and bumps collides with Dorgath, then bounces off a wall.
-A wight jabs at Carrow with a rusty blade. Carrow throws his shield up and blocks the attack.

At this point, all of the skeletons have been destroyed. There are still five regular wights and two wight lords.

Next Round...

-The Power Phase is 4 for this turn.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Some of them. But where would you have them go? The T-junction is two spaces wide. You and Carrow occupy two of those spaces and fresh wights have moved to attack whenever you killed the wights directly in front of you. Unless Carrow or Dorgath chooses to move back, no one else could get into your spaces.

Correction: Kelgar could target one of the wights with his hammer and be carried past obstacles to reach it, but then he'd be isolated.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Ah, Dorgath, are you done having fun? .... Okay, shall we let the others in on the entertainment?"
Carrow prepares to move backwards to let the others join in.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
“Aye...” how about Carrow and I wait until the others line up right before the T junction on their side, then Carroe and I move back to the “bottom” part of the junction, so we catch the wights in a “crossfire”.

—WWRev
—WWThrog
|DC|
| |

kind of thing