Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Which ones are bigger?
You know, I don't have any documents with dimensions, but I'll assume that "gigantic" spiders are bigger than "giant" spiders. I'm not sure what the details are. I assume that the game designers wanted a higher-level option with better stats. Uh, giant spiders are depicted with goblins riding them, so there's that. I guess they're also not to be confused with "Arachnarok spiders", which are depicted carrying entire armies of goblins on their backs.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Throg casts Lightning Bolt on the spider to his left (3 damage).
-Carrow attempts to lunge into the spider attacking him, jamming his lit fire arrow into it...
-Carrow's attempt succeeds spectacularly! The spider is wounded and driven back by the strange technique (4 damage).
-Carrow's victim suffers burning damage (6/20 Wounds).
-Throg freezes the spider he just electrified. He's saving it for later.
-Throg fails to hypnotize anything.
-Throg fumbles his axe for some reason.
-Throg clips a gigantic spider-leg (3 damage).
-Throg swings his axe around like an idiot without hitting anything at all.
-Throg kicks at a spider in his frustration (3 damage).
-Man bites spider? Weird (12/20 Wounds).
-Throg shreds a spider's exoskeleton with his razor claws (6/20 Wounds).
-Revaethan uses Woven Mist. He trades his normal Move and Attacks for 2 combined Move + Attacks.
-Revaethan slices a gigantic spider wide-open (8 damage).
-Revaethan slices a spider again (3/20 Wounds).
-Tomas strikes his opponent with his Chaos Demon Sword, hurting himself almost as much as he hurts the spider (Tomas: 18/21 Wounds, Spider: 3/20 Wounds).
-Tomas attacks again and this time only manages to hurt himself (17/21 Wounds).
-Dorgath hacks into the spider next to Ty with a Great Axe Attack (7 damage).
-Dorgath slips on spider guts. Ew?
-Dorgath smoothly shifts from his slippery failed attack into a big kick (5 damage).
-Dorgath fumbles his axe, but it's not as funny as with Throg did it.
-Dorgath punches a spider to death.
-Dorgath swings his gauntlet and turns another burnt spider into a fine green mist.
-Ty turns back to the spider moving toward Dorgath from the side, slicing it with his sword (8 damage).
-Ty drives his fist spike into the spider. He has its attention.
-Ty finishes a spider off in a flurry of blows with his knuckle-dusters.
-Kelgar bashes the spider attacking Jekaena (3 damage).
-Kelgar strikes again (8/20 Wounds).
-A gigantic spider webs Carrow.
-A gigantic spider bites Carrow (16/17 Wounds).
-A gigantic spider bites Carrow (10/17 Wounds).
-A gigantic spider bites Carrow (4/17 Wounds).
-Kelgar calls on the Power of Sigmar and heals Carrow (7/17) and Tomas (20/21).
-A gigantic spider tries to web Revaethan, but the wardancer is having none of that.
-A gigantic spider trips over its own legs.
-A gigantic spider tries to web Tomas, but the wizard frantically avoids it.
-A gigantic spider throw more web at Tomas and the panicked wizard somehow avoids that attempt too.
-A gigantic spider gets distracted.
-A gigantic spider flings web at where Throg seems to be, but Throg isn't there.
-A gigantic spider tries to web Throg, but the Chaos warrior cuts the webbing from the air.
-A gigantic spider tries to web Jekaena but backs off.
-A gigantic spider webs Jekaena.

"Gah! I'm stuck!"

Next turn...

-The Power Phase is 3.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty continues on, attacking the spider next to Jekaena looking to make his way to help Carrow now...:)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg will freeze/attack whichever spiders seem most threatening. He will attempt to eat the frozen spiders when the warm ones are all dead.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Does this mean Jakaena can't do anything because she's Webbed?

Dorgath continues to attack, not sure of the position of everyone (I liked that diagram) but first protecting Jakaena and then Tomas.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Does this mean Jakaena can't do anything because she's Webbed?
Oh, good question. I thought so, but it's been a while, so I checked the rulebook. Yeah, once webbed, a character must break free before being able to do other stuff.

Dorgath continues to attack, not sure of the position of everyone (I liked that diagram) but first protecting Jakaena and then Tomas.
I'll keep that in mind. I wasn't sure how meaningful the diagrams felt, but if they're helpful, I'll try to use them more often.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I actually just played Warhammer Quest on my iPhone last night and yeah, Webbed characters can't do anything :) It could have been different here but probably not... as you just confirmed...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Bah, sorry for still not getting back to this. I had set aside time yesterday (so that it'd be ready for Monday morning for anyone coming back after the weekend) and then had an impromptu get-together with my family. Got to play some games of Magic with my brother, so that was cool. Anyway, despite that I planned to continue the battle against the spiders today, but found that my Google doc backup is out-of-date. So it looks like I can't until I get back home. Making note though that I'll get back to this tonight. :oops:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Carrow breaks free from the webbing.
-Jekaena struggles in the webbing entangling her and remains stuck.
-The spider Carrow torched suffers more burning damage (2/20 Wounds).
-Tomas casts Freeze! on 4 of the spiders. The spider that was burned by Carrow's fire arrow succumbs, as do the spiders attacked by Revaethan and Tomas. The one attacking Jekaena is weakened (4/20 Wounds).
-Kelgar blesses Carrow and Tomas with Power of Sigmar, healing them (Tomas: 21/21 Wounds, Carrow: 9/17 Wounds).
-Revaethan uses Woven Mist (3 Attacks).
-Revaethan slices (10/15).
-Revaethan dices (6/15).
-Revaethan finishes off another injured gigantic spider.
-Dorgath chops at the spider attacking Jekaena (1/20 Wounds).
-Dorgath swings his axe and loses his balance momentarily.
-Dorgath kicks the wounded spider's head wide open, finishing it off and getting more spider guts all over him.
-Throg uses his Ice Missile and freezes another spider. He gnaws on the first frozen spider but can't get through his own ice prison...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
One of them won't thaw out until next turn. The other one is about to thaw out, but Throg is in the way, trying to chew on it like some kind of psychopath.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty cleans off his gear and looks around for any loose change or stuff the spiders might have dropped during combat while Throg enjoys his "snack"...:)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Well, if Throg can't eat the frozen spiders as is, he'll just have to chop them up into little popsicle-sized pieces first.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Carrow quaffs a healing potion (10/17 Wounds).

One of the spiders thaws out and Throg immediately begins eating it. He finds that it tastes mostly like any other raw spider he's ever eaten. It maybe has a bit more of a gamey taste to it and the texture is smoother than he expected.