Another Invasion Card

• Thread starter Cateran Emperor
  • Start date
C

Cateran Emperor

Teferi's Response
Instant 1U

Counter target spell or ability an opponent controls that targets a land you control. If a permanent's ability is countered this way, destroy that permanent.
Draw two cards.
"I can't hide all of Dominaria behind my veil, but at least Jamuraa will be safe."
Rare
Illus. Scott Bailey
78/350

I sort of like this, but I really do NOT like the fact that it's rare. Uncommon would suit it much better.

M

mogg bomber

Now that's good. For just 2 mana, destroy a Port and draw 2 cards? Maybe Port won't be banned after all. I agree this card should be uncommon instead of rare, but for what it does it is really good.

H

Hetemti

No, unless it's a counterspell or capsize, all good blue cards must be rare. That's how WotC makes money. Make blue invincible as long as you buy 35 rares and 25 lands.

F

Fire Slinger

I knew about the countering abilites, but drawing TWO cards!! Wow!! I need 4 of these. BTW, Emperor, where did you get this? How reliable is this info?

A

arhar

The info is totally reliable, since there's an article on that card on the Sideboard :) Zvi does a good job explaining why this card is so broken. Draw two cards for two mana, plus Interdict, plus destroy a permanent? Get those while they're not $20 yet!

P

Phydomir

looks like bleu couter will return , and very stong.

mmmm, bleu counter/black destory creature (if he could play them) , that are gonnan be good decks i think

R

rkoelsch

whether is was main deck or sideboard. As long as port is popular it should probably be main deck in most blue decks.
But it has very limited uses, it is not like you can play it just to draw the 2 cards. But still a good card. I think the narrow focus of the card is what makes it rare.

Z

Zadok001

I dunno... Yes, it stops Port flat out. When I first read that card, I almost fell off my chair. Then I read the 'Draw two cards' part. Wow. Yeah, that looks pretty broken!

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone in their right mind will put it in multi-player decks. There are six Ports in my entire play group, split two for me and four for someone else. Six isn't a whole hell of a lot. There are fewer Dust Bowls (something like 3 that get played), and fewer still targeted land destruction spells. So there's just not that much I can use this card for.

The key word in that last sentance is 'I.' That's a great card, and it _will_ get played. Just not so much by me. I'm thinking trade fodder, even high value trade fodder...

P

Purple_jester

Spidey: Ponza will always be around. Stronger or weaker, it will always be around. It's as eternal as discard. And this card would not be good against that deck type. It would be PERFECT against that deck type. Blue has always been vulnerable to having its mana-base destroyed, and this sideboard card is a step in the right direction.

In tournaments, with the new abundance of multi-colored mana land sources and cards like Dust bowl and Port still around, you'll be seeing it main deck in anything that has blue. At a cost of 1U, it's highly splashable.

It can't be used in just any deck, and will be very limited in casual play. But still, especially with the 2-card draw, this will be a nice hot rare. Perfectly tradable, as Zadok mentioned.

Heh, looks like Teferi is up to his nasty tricks. Now, if only he could find a way to make Blastoderms fade out permanently... ;)

D

Dark Horse

On mtgnews, there was a card called Citanul Heretic, maybe the most broken card ever if you can stabilize a decka round it.

Citanul Heretic
Creature- Druid Legend
1GGG
1/1
GG T untap target land
Pay 3 life, add GG to your mana pool. Play this ability only when citanul heretic is tapped. Remove citanul heretic from the game at end of turn if it is tapped.

Anyone say damage reduction burn?

N

Namielus

Now looking at the card, this part stands out.

"Remove citanul heretic from the game at end of turn if it is tapped."

Now (assume not type 2) that you have a cradle out and a few elves (the most important being skyshourd) and you tap and untap that cradle a few times? Also hurricane could make a nice draw play with that, stream is however inefentive...

D

Duel

Even if that WERE real, or if it WERE reusable, IT would still suck.

Argothian elder is not onl better, but cheaper and not a legend!

"I pay 18 life to gain 12 mana, hurricane for 11. Oh, wait..."

J

JKA2545

I'm not sure if I like the new card on sideboard much, the multicolored one that gives it fear ability and card drawing capability...I think it's uses are a bit limited

N

Namielus

You have to know where I'm coming from, the ability to sucide is something that every player should have in my opinion. I will almost never let anyone kill take my life in a game where I was gonna loss from the start. Also killing yourself just to stop small things like discarding a card is often very useful, I play in large multiplayer games and we aren't very competitive. Fun in what magic is about!

D

Darsh

I have to agree with Namielus about suiciding in multiplayer if you aren't going to win why should someone else? Probably the reason some of you do not share this opinion is because you mostly duel, am I right? Anyway back to the subject(s) Tereri's Response although a very good card should not be rare because of its limited uses, I mean how many beatdown players target their opponents land (except red)? Also I believe that Citanul Heretic is not a real card, I believe someone made that card up in the MTGnews message board.

E

Elrond

The response sounds like a pretty good sideboard card, but I have to agree with the idea that it's limited use will keep it out of most people's maindecks unless everyone they play against plays four ports.

I also think the Citanul Heretic is fake, it just doesn't sound right to me, but then again I'm not an expert on the subject and have been wrong many times.