You Break the Format!

C

cardboardbox

Note: This is NOT my set. I am NOT zombie bob. I don't want to playtest this set, I just want to play/break it in one tournament/thing, then forget about it. The whole point is that the set is very bad, and in many ways unfixable.

I'd like to play in a tournament or something using these cards, and possibly give out some kind of imaginary award to the winner. If, after we do this, we find that playing in broken sets is fun, we could find a similarly broken set, and have "Season Two" of You Break the Format.

In any case, here is the link to the set if you want to take a look at the cards:
http://jamesb.muchneededrest.com/BattlelordsCards/cardpage.html
I found this set in this thread:
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=51552
Please remember that this is *not* my set, this is *not* playtesting, and no one's looking for feedback. I think it'd be kind of fun...

L

Limited

I'll pass...

I gotta say though - cardboardbox you are zombie_bob, right?

This "I came across this and it is brilliant" routine is supposed to some kind of marketing scheme? If you want other people to get interested in your custom set, I don't think this is the way to go about it.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yeah, I almost "hated" it. But then I realized it had Magic fun intent.

I look at some of the cards. Didn't care for much of them.

C'mon. +0/+2 instant spell for GW? Also, a LOT of the gold card are very mana-intensive: i.e., 1GGGW.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if it's this guy's set, I'm a bit put-off by the dishonesty. Why not just come out and say he has a set and will we be willing to play-test it? So I'm out...

L

Limited

I am not sure about this, but what new member would start with a post about starting a tournament using somebody else's custom made set? Also, if it is not Zombie_bob, why didn't this person chime in on MTGSalvation?

And the post does look a lot like spam.

C

cardboardbox

yeah i kind of went about this the wrong way... i found this set posted by somebody on the mtgslavation forums, and kinda wanted to play it. The problem is, i use a mac and there really aren't any magic programs I can use, and on that forum I don't think people play-by-post. Hence CPA.

As far as this set being mine, good lord no. The set is god-awful. on mtgsalvation my username is cardb0ardb0x, and the creator's username is zombi_bobb on mtgsalvation. I didn't really want to make my opinion that clear, in case bob himself came to this site.

My post looks like spam, probably because I followed the format of most games on the site i usually post on. In any case, I'd just kind of like to play with these rediculous cards... it doesn't have to be a tournament or sealed or whatever. Whatever people are up for.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well CBB,
We are creating our own set and will be having some kind of tournament when we have finalized the set or close to it (and when the rest of you people get back to work on it).......
You are welcome to join the tournament when it happens, but I for one don't have enough time to also play in a tourney with a poorly designed set like this one. Sorry.... but if others will, more power to ya.

We (well others on the site, I'm just starting) do a lot of games, magic and others. Feel free to join one, I recomend the Werewolf games.

C

cardboardbox

lol, yeah, I've joined a game or two mafia games (original version of werewolf) on another site. It sounds like nobody really has time to fool around with this on this site, that's okay. I'll just explain the idea a little better- I wanted to create a possibly repeatable tournament that used a different "broken" set each time, and possibly award the winner with something. I have also updated my first post to make it less spammy and explain it better.

By the way... that was a very impressive response time.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's pretty slow around here... hardly any actual Magic talk goes on, all we do is play games through the forums... :)

C

cardboardbox

okay... i'll leave this up in case there's any belated interest (low probability, and I'm not sure there's a delete functino anyway,) and wander around the forums looking for something...

T

train

The set begins being broken with the following cards:

Jaquassaurious Phentari
Crazy Murray
Granny
New Recruits
Corporate Center
Slave License
Peacemaker support mech...
Black Market
Brewery