Sorceries- 3
3 Ideas Unbound

Enchantments- 4
2 Honden of Cleansing Fire
2 Honden of Seeing Winds

Artifacts- 4
2 Orb of Dreams
2 Isochron Scepter
Yosei is almost there just for the Timmy factor, Chisei ends 4 games out of 5, but the real star of the deck is Waxmane Baku, who can tap out creatures (or make them "sleep", the major theme of this deck) for a variety of reasons, but also provides Chisei with plenty of nummy counters to eat.

This deck can be pretty quick, but it's certainly control. It's very good against combo and aggro- however, it's very hard to add new cards, as the thing can be very narrow with it's dedication to Spiritcraft. I took a considerable hit just to add Mana Leak (damn lack of arcane counterspells), but all in all, it seems to work. I like this deck a lot because it effective, it's kind of quirky, and it's very fun to play. I tend to get goofy when I play it, and say stupid things like "That's it, my pretties, SLEEP, SLEEP FOREVER!"

L

Limited

Isn't it a bit unreliable to have Waxmane Baku be the only source for counters? A 4/4 flyer is nice, but maybe Chisei could be replaced by Cloudhoof Kirin; fits the milling theme.

Have you considered like Moonlit Strider? Its a grade-A blocker, can save one of your creatures and can bring back a Waxmane Baku..

Wouldn't know what to take out though

L

Limited

Ugh.. Stream of Consciousness =/= Dampen Thought

Nevermind.

P

Photon Eater

Not a problem, there are so many cards it can be easy to get them confused.

L

Limited

Still does not answer my question: do four Waxmane Baku's provide enough counters for Chisei? Aren't the counters on the Baku's better used to keep an opponent tapped down?

P

Photon Eater

For the most part, they are sufficient. Chisei rarely needs to be around for more than a couple of turns- the longest I've ever had him out has been a total of 3 turns. If there are at least 2 baku out, Chisei will generate two counters upon coming into play, and if Consuming Vortex/Stream of Consciousness is on the Stick, then I can easily provide more counters.

If there are more cumulative upkeep cards in Coldsnap, though, I will look into using those.

J

jorael

Hmmm.... token producers and cumulative upkeep you say?

Mirrodin's Core
Fixes your colors too, but with delay. I used them in a blue Chisei deck so I avoided color-screw.

Decree of Silence
Play this and you stalled the game :) The downside: how do you get 8 mana?

Illusionary Forces
Another 4/4 flier for four mana. I played this one a lot during Ice Age!

Ancestral Knowledge
This one is really nice. You get to rearrange the top 10 (!) cards of your library. As long as you pay the cumulative upkeep you keep drawing your selected cards. This one might be a good one for your deck?

Good luck with the Chisei beatdown!

P

Photon Eater

Thanks, that really helps, jorael!

I think Ancestral Knowledge might be a little bit awesome here.

F

Force of Will Smith

ancestral knowledge is good in any blue deck or a deck that is any way related to a combo or a small set of cards that'll give you a huge advantage

theyre rare... and for some reason like .20 ??
even if you just use it for 1 turn, its amazing...
and with usefullnessits right up there with impulse.