Orb stall... is this too mean??

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

i think this may be a variation on an old deck.. but not sure..

Creatures
4 Courier Hawk
2 Hokori, Dust Drinker
4 Loxodon Gatekeeper
4 Serra Angel
4 Skyhunter Prowler

Enchantments
2 Ghostly Prison
2 Propaganda
4 Rhystic Study
4 Slow Motion
Artifacts
4 Static Orb
4 Winter Orb

Lands
4 Coastal Tower
4 Island
14 Plains

basically its overkill on the idea of vigilance and never being able to untap a creature
any thoughts?

N

nwadams

yes i have a thought, my ww deck will kill it before it gets going

F

Force of Will Smith

tapification.. hmm... perhaps i could go oldskool and run ice floes? or maybe some ports or maze of ith...

oversoul are you suggesting i run singular tappers like decoys, or more global spells like turnabout?

ww huh? you'd have to choose either no mana, no creatures or little of both...
have you ever played against a stall deck before?

I have no problem with wasting 3 or 4 of my chump blockers until you can only untap one or two creatures a turn.

what about killing a creature of yours every other turn? paying 2 each upkeep for slow motion is impossible.. so you'd have to attack with your creature once... leave it tapped.. id have all my vigilance swinging every turn,

slow motion could also kill your duo attackers every other turn, or
all your permanents coming into play tapped.

i actually was thinking about dropping in a few backfires or echoing truths but i wasnt sure if that'd be too cruel..

S

sageridder

Have you considered Icy Manipulator? And if you are stalling them so much would a classic like millstone fit? It's almost a shame to not hurt them for hand size if you're stalling them like splashing g or r for sudden impact or storm seeker.Not sure if any of this is worth adding but some off the top of my head thoughts for playtesting.

Killer Joe

Serra's Blessing from Weatherlight; an enchantment for 1W that gives all creatures you control vigilance. You can use Enlightened Tutor to search for them and you won't have to limit yourself to only creatures with vigilance.

S

sageridder

If you want to go with a solid older combo winter orb does like kismet.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
sageridder said:
If you want to go with a solid older combo winter orb does like kismet.
Icy Manipulator doesn't help Kismet. Still, I'd call the Orb/Kismet a more practical defensive engine (but it depends on what else you have in the deck).

S

sageridder

Well your right it dosn't help the kismet, but look at it the other way with the orb/kismet they don't untap much at all including thier new stuff coming in taped and the icy just taps the very few things they can untap.

N

Nightstalkers

I threw this by the idiots on Gaia and this is what they had to say:

(as for your infinity transmute deck... they only said that it was not legal)

fakestreet said:
Veronis said:
fakestreet said:
the idea is there but i have to comment on the execution.

4 Winter Orb, 4 Static Orb, and 2 Hokori is overkill. considering you have no alternate mana source, you'll also be slowed by Winter Orb.
now, you're forgetting this one gem from Urza that's stupidly good with stuff like these: Opposition.
i wouldn't play Rhystic Study or Slow Motion motion personally but whatever suits your taste. then again, i don't play with Propaganda or Prison but it might be effective in your meta.
what i would suggest is accel to get your lock out faster and better card draw. playing U/W, you have Talismans, Land Tax, Tithe, etc. and who could ask for better card draw than having blue.
If you have something to tap your orbs before your untap phase, all of your stuff untaps during your untap phase. That really pisses people off, too.
read Opposition.