look at this crap!

T

theorgg

I signed up for the brainburst free mail so noone could take my e-mail name:

look at the letter they automatically send:

Hello!
We would like to personally thank you for choosing Brainburst.com as your Online E-Mail. We are here to keep you updated on the latest developments at Pokeschool as well as to learn from you ways we can improve our services... any feedback is always welcome!

Thank You,

Brainburst Staff

(the italics are mine)

what the 'ell? I didn't know brainburst was a pokesite. what inna 'ell? fourty five year old men(used as a humorous steriotype)shouldn't be staring down at a six-year old with a glare of HATE in his eyes. it just ain't right.

sorry for the rant. I was just kinda pissed off that they didn't act like Magic: the gathering existed. I'll be sure to never use that account.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-theorgg

A callow knight in armor,
Appropriatly brave,
Displayed his lack of wisdom
and charged into my cave.

He challanged me to battle,
In moments it was through.
He made a tasty morsel-
His horse was tasty, too.

-Jack Prelutsky,
"Ogrebrad"
published in Monday's Troll,1997 scholastic

S

Shadowfire

Orgg your right its total crap. Any thing that deals with that lousy P game is crap.

Ferret

Staff member
It makes total sense to me. At one time Brainburst was a great "third party" site dealing w/ the game that we love so much w/ articles written by many "non-pros". Now, it's just the tool of New Wave in their effort to try to look better than The Dojo - which isn't too hard these days, of course.

-ferret

"Casualplayers.org: the Jolt Cola of Magic websites"

T

theorgg

Truthfully, I got the red version for christmas. I don't like the card game, but the RPG is very good. I'm just dissappointed that it's hard to get all the things w/o having to find other people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-theorgg

A callow knight in armor,
Appropriatly brave,
Displayed his lack of wisdom
and charged into my cave.

He challanged me to battle,
In moments it was through.
He made a tasty morsel-
His horse was tasty, too.

-Jack Prelutsky,
"Ogrebrad"
published in Monday's Troll,1997 scholastic

I

Ihsans Shade

Well, when people are paying 11 bucks per pack you know something is wrong with the world

S

Shadowfire

11 bucks a pack? geee wizzzz . My wife bought 4 packs for my nephews ( related through marriage not blood) and she only payed $3.29 I would have killed her if she had payed 11 bucks. Good god has the world gone nuts??

Ferret

Staff member
It would appear many of you don't remember the "Great Ice Age Shortage"...

Shortly after the release of Ice Age the cards were selling like hot-cakes. People were happy that there was another set to buy that wasn't Fallen Empires (The Dark and Legends were a long distance memory and Homelands was a loooong way off). In no time at all there were hardly any Ice Age starters or boosters to be found and some of the more unscrupulous card-sellers started marking up the prices. Boosters were between $5-8 and Starters were as high as $20!!! The worst part is I paid these horrible prices...sure, it netted me four Icy Manipulators, but hardly anything else really cool...Oh, it was a dark day for Magic...

-ferret

"...still, buying Pokecards for regular price and selling at 150%? Hmmmm...."