combo deck so they tend to have trouble
with counters from time to time.(the green
one makes sacrifical tokens too.)

As usual, Improvements are always welcome

:)

spelling corrections too...

G

Gizmo

I've got a similar deck, using the Living Death setup, but with Hermit Druids to drop everything into the graveyard and Fallen Angels as the kill.

4 Hermit Druid
4 Green Zubera
4 Black Zubera
3 Red Zubera
2 Blue Zubera
1 White Zubera
4 Phyrexian Ghoul
3 Fallen Angel
2 Anarchist

3 Oath Of Ghouls
3 Buried Alive
4 Living Death

1 Volrath's Stronghold
2 Phyrexian Tower
1 Pine Barrens
4 Llanowar Wastes
3 Mossfire Valley
3 Thran Quarry
1 Mountain
4 Swamp

The deck works off overlapping combos, not tutoring or search.
Hermit Druid + Living Death = ideal
Hermit Druid + Oath Of Ghouls = Oath Anarchist, return Living Death
Buried Alive + Living Death = good
Buried Alive + Oath = Oath Hermit Druid and Anarchist, return Living Death

I assume you realise that if 4 Zubera die as part of costs on effects activated in response to each other they all trigger for 4? Ie... if you've got two green, a red, anda black zubera, and an Altar Of Dementia - they discard 4 cards, get 4 damage, and you have 8 creatures.

C

Captain Caveman

"I assume you realise that if 4 Zubera die as part of costs on effects activated in response to each other they all trigger for 4? Ie... if you've got two green, a red, anda black zubera, and an Altar Of Dementia - they discard 4 cards, get 4 damage, and you have 8 creatures."

Sure,.. thats the whole ideas behind using the Phyrexian Altar to generate
mana, and "x" Zub effects.( tokens, drawing, damage, discard, life gain)
The mana provided by the Altar allows for various degenerate things to
happen all in the same turn. Its crazy when things start to pile up.

F

Force of Will Smith

I so wanna see an extended Zubera deck that wins the pro tour.

D

DÛke

What would single-handedly make the next set great to me is if they would print another cylce of Zuberas.

J

Jigglypuff

Gizmo said:
I assume you realise that if 4 Zubera die as part of costs on effects activated in response to each other they all trigger for 4? Ie... if you've got two green, a red, anda black zubera, and an Altar Of Dementia - they discard 4 cards, get 4 damage, and you have 8 creatures.
Ummm, this is actually incorrect. That only works if you sacrifice 4 Zuberas to a card like Devouring Greed, where you can get multiple sacrifices during one event. This is because the game sees that all the Zuberas went to the graveyard at the same time. But if you try the same trick with Altar of Dementia, the game sees that you sacrificed a Zubera to pay the cost, sees that no other Zuberas went to the graveyard this turn, and gives you one effect. Then the game sees that you sacrificed another Zubera to pay the cost, sees that one other Zubera went to the graveyard this turn, and gives you two effects. This is because activating Altar of Dementia 4 times is 4 separate events.

(- Steve -)

J

jorael

DÛke said:
What would single-handedly make the next set great to me is if they would print another cylce of Zuberas.
That would be the same as making another cloudpost land: they would become too good. Granted, the zubera are less powerful, but 20 of them is already good. Then again, they made more slivers too :)

Other zubera's: Mistform Ultimus (and the other mistforms can become one) & proteus machine & you could also use unnatural selection...

A nasty trick a fellow player performed while having a bunch of zubera out: cast standardize naming zuberam then cast march of souls. Some player lost his hand, another a lot of life and the person with the zubera got a ton of spirit tokens and cards. Next turn he played devouring greed :eek:

C

Captain Caveman

Ok, I don't know the rules that well, I'll admit, but online I use Plaguelord
and sack them one at a time and it gives me all the effects.

Phyrexian Altar does it too.

Put them on the stack and resolve them. You can also use the white
1WW instant in place of the Living Death and it will work.

:confused:

J

Jigglypuff

Well, I just realized that I mis-interpreted the Zubera text, anyway. Here's what MODO is probably doing:

1) You announce the Plaguelord ability. It goes on the stack.
2) You sack a Zubera to pay the cost. This causes the triggered effect of the Zubera to go on the stack.
3) Before the Zubera ability resolves, you announce the Plaguelord ablity and steps 1 and 2 repeat.
4) After that, you've got 4 Zubera triggered abilities on the stack. Each ability resolves and sees that 4 Zuberas went to the graveyard. Where I went wrong is that I thought that the Zubera ability counted the number of Zuberas when it was put on the stack.

So, there you go.

(- Steve -)

C

Captain Caveman

Hay Puff,

Glad to see you back.

I wasn't sure how it worked with Dementia but I've used the effect online
with Plaguelord and Phyrexian Altar and is worked so I assumed it would
be the same with the Dementia. I know it will not work with Grafted Wargear.

Hope to see you guys online.

BtW, I meet a new casual player online(great guy)and directed him to the
CPA. If you see Rat128 online say hello to him. I think we should invite him
into our online community, if you say its ok, "Big O" He doesn't have many
cards so maybe you could give him some out of the common pool, again
if its ok with you. I gave him some of my extra but don't really have that
many.

G

Gizmo

Yeah that's how it works. The Zubera effect only looks to see how many Zubera died when it RESOLVES. If multiple Zubera entered the graveyard as part of the costs of the stack then when the first effect resolves there are already multiple dead Zubera.

Oooh.

Volraths Laboratory would make 2/2 Zubera tokens if you asked it nicely.

I feel a deck coming on.

F

Force of Will Smith

Yup. The only important thing is that since your sacrificing your zuberas, you sacrifice the 2nd 3rd 4th, etc in response. Then you choose what order they go in.. so you can get 4x,4x,4x,4x or 4x,3x,2x,1x. Priority is so cheesy.

With wrath/devouring greed/plunge into darkness/reprocess
you really have no choice but to make them awesome.

L

Limited

Reprocess.. hadn't thought of that.
(*runs of giggling rambling something about zebras*)

F

f-6

Aether vial set to two would be pretty good. Also, Natures lore or Explosive vegitation are good as color fixers. Even better of corse are some fetch lands able to get forests. If you have them, a full set of Bayous should be there as well as duals replacing each swmp and forest in there. But now we are talking $$$ :D

F

Force of Will Smith

You know, ordinarily i'd think it was cheesy but, I could justify using a full set of dual lands for a zubera deck.

Allow me to illustrate.

5color sliver deck with full duals = broken, cheesy and stupid.
5color zubera deck with full duals = playable, and actually a semi-good deck.

Duals in a domain deck is out of the question though. That's like whiping with gold.

G

Gizmo

I was going to use Death Pit Offering, so that I lose the Zuberas to get an army of 3/3s, not 1/1s.

I think Zuberas are a lot of fun.

F

Force of Will Smith

Wow yeah... not just that but, the green zubera gives you 1/1's!!

thats amazing... no drawback...

say you have 4 zuberas... you play death pit offering.. sac all.. get 4/ 3/3 spirits plus the effects!!!..

then the next zubera you play will be a 3/4. They'll have to waste an actual good spell to kill the zubera.