Another Shot at BG

Killer Joe

Similar to "The Rock" but tailored for Multiplayer.

BG Rhox

~Land~
9 Forest
4 Swamp
4 Tainted Wood or Bayou or Llanowar Wastes
2 Treetop Village
1 Volrath's Stronghold

~Creatures~
4 Krosan Tusker or Eternal Witness
4 Ravenous Baloth
2 Rhox or Spiritmonger
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder or Solemn Simulacrum
4 Wall of Roots or Wall of Blossoms

~Spells~
2 Eradicate
2 Gaea's Blessing
4 Naturalize
4 Nevinyrral's Disk
4 Rend Flesh
2 Splinter
4 Syphon Soul

as always, this is for multiplayer so no sideboard needed.

My original BG Biorhythm deck was "sub-par" and that's an insult to the term "sub-par" :(

But I saw an old dude (younger than me but older than most of you! :p ) playing the REAL version of The Rock in a multiplayer this past weekend at the pre-release and it/he was cleaning house!

His had BoP's, Witness, Pernicious Deed all the regular stuff. Well, I don't HAVE most of the real contents so I subed for some of them.

I do have Eternal Witness' and I do have Baloths but I needed to add my touch for the metagame of the MML group I run.

Any suggestions?

J

jorael

4 Nev. disks will take care of a lot of troubles, nice.

Do you really need the 2 splinters and eradicates? You already pack 4 naturalizes and rend flesh. I'd drop them in favor of more creatures or some creature recursion. Disturbed burial is a good budget choice. With enough land fetching you can play it with buyback and play a creature the same turn.

I'd go for the eternal witnesses and wall of blossoms, a rock deck needs its card advantage! Speaking about, those siphon souls could be replaced by
syphon mind . If you really want life-gain, grim feast might be a good option (it gets destroyed by the disk, however :()

I always like bane of the living. It kills all weenies and tokens :cool:

Killer Joe

Both Grim Feast and Bane of the Living are dollar rares. They shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of somewhere. Iwouldn't worry about blowing up the Feast because just even one turn in one of our 7 - 10 player games and it'd almost equal or surpass a single Syphon Soul.

Wall of Blossoms and Eternal Witness are in. I'll replace two slots of from Slpinter/Eradicate for two Disturbed Burial.

Sakura or Solemn Simulacrum?

J

jorael

How slow is the deck? And how fast are games in you playgroup?

Solemn is 'better' but also 2 mana more expensive... If you can get away with it I'd run those.

Killer Joe

Other than myself no one else in the group is a tourney-style player and therefore play really slow/massive decks.

Solemn Simulacrums is IN!

BG Rhox

~Land~
9 Forest
4 Swamp
4 Tainted Wood
2 Treetop Village
1 Volrath's Stronghold

~Creatures~
4 Eternal Witness
4 Ravenous Baloth
2 Rhox
4 Solemn Simulacrum
4 Wall of Blossoms

~Spells~
2 Disturbed Burial
2 Gaea's Blessing
4 Naturalize
4 Nevinyrral's Disk
4 Rend Flesh
4 Syphon Soul (for now until I can get Grim Feast)
2 Decree of Pain (for now until I can get Bane of the Living)

M

Mikeymike

What's the significance of Gaea's Blessing in here? With the Witnesses, I'm not sure how necessary its ability is.

How about Recurring Nightmare? You can do ugly things with it combined with Simulacrums and Walls...and Witnesses and Baloths.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
No Spiritmongers, Deeds, Hermits, or Plaguelords? Well, it's certainly unorthodox for a Rock deck...

I know this is MP, but I think an edict effect of some sort would be desirable here. There are several options available (Diabolic Edict, Chainer's Edict, Innocent Blood, Abyssal Gatekeeper, etc.)

F

f-6

Genesis would be pretty good for this deck. You don't have much defence against flying creatures. Nekrataal and Bone shredder may be worth considering. The Rhox:es are pretty much your only win condition. A few cards that come to mind are River demon and Twisted abomination. Silvos and/or Visara are allways nice.

Killer Joe

Gaea's Blessing
The Blessings aren't so much for retrieveing cards out of my graveyard as much as they're for adding cards to my Library so I don't get decked.

I may have mentioned this before but most of the other players play with 100+ card decks. I'm the only one who plays a 60 or 61 card deck size. I have lost twice in the past due to decking myself. However, I do get targeted frequently by multiple Tormod's Crypts because I "Fiddle" with my graveyard alot, or so that's how its been put :).

This deck is for my "organized" Multiplayer Magic League and so the metagame is pretty stable, mostly, except that it seems no one else plays a deck with a specific focus (this has come up in another thread) and that random decks appear all the time but containing the usual suspects:
#1 - Tormod's Crypt
#2 - Disenchant
#3 - Lightning Bolt
#4 - Sol Ring
#5 - Syphon Soul

I would bet a month's salary on all of these cards showing up multiple times in any given deck on these days.

Pernicious Deed
I have Nevy's Disk

Phyrexian Plaguelords
Hmmm. Maybe I could replace the 2 Blessings with them. I don't have any S-Monger's......yet. :)

Thanks Guys!